Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab83956)
- Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibodySee all GAPDH primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionChicken polyclonal to GAPDH
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A 16 amino acid synthetic peptide from near the carboxy-terminus of Human GAPDH (Swiss-Prot P04406).
- Positive control
- HeLa Cell Lysate. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following formaldehyde fixed cell lines: HeLa
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab83956 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.5 - 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Entrez Gene: 2597 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100042025 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 14433 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24383 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 685186 Rat
- Omim: 138400 Human
- SwissProt: P04406 Human
- SwissProt: P16858 Mouse
- SwissProt: P04797 Rat
- Unigene: 544577 Human
- Unigene: 592355 Human
- Unigene: 598320 Human
- Unigene: 304088 Mouse
- Unigene: 309092 Mouse
- Unigene: 317779 Mouse
- Unigene: 343110 Mouse
- Unigene: 392463 Mouse
- Unigene: 392480 Mouse
- Unigene: 414470 Mouse
- Unigene: 458138 Mouse
- Unigene: 458416 Mouse
- Unigene: 475698 Mouse
- Unigene: 129558 Rat
- Unigene: 91450 Rat
- 38 kDa BFA-dependent ADP-ribosylation substrate antibody
- aging associated gene 9 protein antibody
- Aging-associated gene 9 protein antibody
- BARS-38 antibody
- cb609 antibody
- EC 184.108.40.206 antibody
- G3P_HUMAN antibody
- G3PD antibody
- G3PDH antibody
- GAPD antibody
- GAPDH antibody
- GAPDH antibody
- Glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase antibody
- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase antibody
- KNC-NDS6 antibody
- MGC102544 antibody
- MGC102546 antibody
- MGC103190 antibody
- MGC103191 antibody
- MGC105239 antibody
- MGC127711 antibody
- MGC88685 antibody
- OCAS, p38 component antibody
- OCT1 coactivator in S phase, 38-KD component antibody
- peptidyl cysteine S nitrosylase GAPDH antibody
- Peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH antibody
- wu:fb33a10 antibody
Anti-GAPDH antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab83956 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab83956 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- chicken (ab96947) IgY (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab83956) at 1 µg/ml + HeLa Cell Lysate at 15 µg
Predicted band size : 36 kDa
Observed band size : 42 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab83956)
ab83956 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.