Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab9483)
- Product nameAnti-GAPDH antibodySee all GAPDH primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionGoat polyclonal to GAPDH
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Full length native protein from human erythrocytes.
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; NIH3T3. This antibody also gave a positive signal in Human brain tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab9483 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 37 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35.8 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionHas both glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase and nitrosylase activities, thereby playing a role in glycolysis and nuclear functions, respectively. Participates in nuclear events including transcription, RNA transport, DNA replication and apoptosis. Nuclear functions are probably due to the nitrosylase activity that mediates cysteine S-nitrosylation of nuclear target proteins such as SIRT1, HDAC2 and PRKDC (By similarity). Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase is a key enzyme in glycolysis that catalyzes the first step of the pathway by converting D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate (G3P) into 3-phospho-D-glyceroyl phosphate.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; pyruvate from D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate: step 1/5.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
modificationsS-nitrosylation of Cys-152 leads to interaction with SIAH1, followed by translocation to the nucleus.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytosol. Nucleus. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Membrane. Translocates to the nucleus following S-nitrosylation and interaction with SIAH1, which contains a nuclear localization signal (By similarity). Postnuclear and Perinuclear regions.
- Entrez Gene: 2597 Human
- Entrez Gene: 100042025 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 14433 Mouse
- Omim: 138400 Human
- SwissProt: P04406 Human
- SwissProt: P16858 Mouse
- Unigene: 544577 Human
- Unigene: 592355 Human
- Unigene: 598320 Human
- Unigene: 304088 Mouse
- Unigene: 309092 Mouse
- Unigene: 317779 Mouse
- Unigene: 343110 Mouse
- Unigene: 392463 Mouse
- Unigene: 392480 Mouse
- Unigene: 414470 Mouse
- Unigene: 458138 Mouse
- Unigene: 458416 Mouse
- Unigene: 475698 Mouse
- Aging associated gene 9 protein antibody
- G3P_HUMAN antibody
- G3PD antibody
- G3PD antibody
- G3PDH antibody
- GAPD antibody
- GAPDH antibody
- GAPDH antibody
- Glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase antibody
- Glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase liver antibody
- Glyceraldehyde 3 phosphate dehydrogenase muscle antibody
- Glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase antibody
- MGC88685 antibody
- OCAS p38 component antibody
- OCT1 coactivator in S phase 38 KD Component antibody
- Peptidyl-cysteine S-nitrosylase GAPDH antibody
Anti-GAPDH antibody images
All lanes : Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab9483) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : NIH 3T3 (Mouse embryonic fibroblast cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 :
Brain (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29466)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Rabbit polyclonal to Goat IgG (Alexa Fluor® 680) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 35.8 kDa
Observed band size : 37 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ICC/IF image of ab9483 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal donkey serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab9483, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 donkey anti-goat IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HeLa cells at 1µg/ml.
References for Anti-GAPDH antibody (ab9483)
This product has been referenced in:
- Longati P et al. 3D pancreatic carcinoma spheroids induce a matrix-rich, chemoresistant phenotype offering a better model for drug testing. BMC Cancer 13:95 (2013). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 23446043) »
- Berisha SZ et al. Transcriptome analysis of genes regulated by cholesterol loading in two strains of mouse macrophages associates lysosome pathway and ER stress response with atherosclerosis susceptibility. PLoS One 8:e65003 (2013). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23705026) »