Anti-GATA1 (phospho S310) antibody (ab36719)
- Product nameAnti-GATA1 (phospho S310) antibodySee all GATA1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GATA1 (phospho S310)
- SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of GATA1 only when phosphorylated at Serine 310.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
The antiserum was produced against synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human GATA1 around the phosphorylation site of Serine 310 (K-A-SP-G-K).
- Positive controlCOS7 cell extracts.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg++ and Ca++), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab36719 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa.|
- FunctionTranscriptional activator which probably serves as a general switch factor for erythroid development. It binds to DNA sites with the consensus sequence [AT]GATA[AG] within regulatory regions of globin genes and of other genes expressed in erythroid cells.
- Tissue specificityErythrocytes.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GATA1 are the cause of X-linked dyserythropoietic anemia and thrombocytopenia (XDAT) [MIM:300367]. XDAT is a disorder characterized by erythrocytes with abnormal size and shape, and paucity of platelets in peripheral blood. The bone marrow contains abundant and abnormally small megakaryocytes.
Defects in GATA1 are the cause of X-linked thrombocytopenia with beta-thalassemia (XLTT) [MIM:314050]; also knwon as thrombocytopenia, platelet dysfunction, hemolysis, and imbalanced globin synthesis. XLTT consists of an unusual form of thrombocytopenia with beta-thalassemia. Patients have splenomegaly and petechiae, moderate thrombocytopenia, prolonged bleeding time due to platelet dysfunction, reticulocytosis and unbalanced hemoglobin chain synthesis resembling that of beta-thalassemia minor.
Defects in GATA1 are the cause of anemia without thrombocytopenia X-linked (XLAWT) [MIM:300835]. XLAWT is a form of anemia characterized by abnormal morphology of erythrocytes and granulocytes in peripheral blood, bone marrow dysplasia with hypocellularity of erythroid and granulocytic lineages, and normal or increased number of megakaryocytes. Neutropenia of a variable degree is present in affected individuals.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 2 GATA-type zinc fingers.
- DomainThe two fingers are functionally distinct and cooperate to achieve specific, stable DNA binding. The first finger is necessary only for full specificity and stability of binding, whereas the second one is required for binding.
modificationsHighly phosphorylated on serine residues. Phosphorylation on Ser-310 is enhanced on erythroid differentiation. Phosphorylation on Ser-142 promotes sumoylation on Lys-137.
Sumoylation on Lys-137 is enhanced by phosphorylation on Ser-142 and by interaction with PIAS4. Sumoylation by SUMO1 has no effect on transcriptional activity.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Anemia, X-linked, without thrombocytopenia, included antibodyERYF 1 antibodyERYF1 antibody
- ERYF1 antibodyErythroid transcription factor antibodyErythrold transcription factor 1 antibodyErythrold transcription factor 1 antibodyGATA 1 antibodyGATA binding factor 1 antibodyGATA binding protein 1 antibodyGATA binding protein 1 antibodyGATA-1 antibodyGATA-binding factor 1 antibodyGATA1 antibodyGATA1_HUMAN antibodyGF 1 antibodyGF-1 antibodyGF1 antibodyGF1 antibodyGlobin transcription factor 1 antibodyGlobin transcription factor 1 antibodyNF E1 antibodyNF E1 DNA binding protein antibodyNF-E1 DNA-binding protein antibodyNFE 1 antibodyNFE1 antibodyNFE1 antibodyTranscription factor GATA1 antibodyXLTT antibody
Anti-GATA1 (phospho S310) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-GATA1 (phospho S310) antibody (ab36719) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from COS-7 cells
Lane 2 : extracts from COS-7 cells treated with EPO
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 43 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-GATA1 (phospho S310) antibody (ab36719)
ab36719 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.