Anti-GDNF antibody (ab27570)
- Product nameAnti-GDNF antibodySee all GDNF primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GDNF
- SpecificityAb27571 recognises GDNF.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken
Synthetic peptide: DDLSFLDDNLVYHILRKHSA, corresponding to amino acids 186-205 of Human GDNF.
- Positive controlBrain tumor. Hippocampus. Normal human brain.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 10mM PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAb27570 is afinity purified.
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab27570 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionNeurotrophic factor that enhances survival and morphological differentiation of dopaminergic neurons and increases their high-affinity dopamine uptake.
- Tissue specificityIn the brain, predominantly expressed in the striatum with highest levels in the caudate and lowest in the putamen.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GDNF may be a cause of Hirschsprung disease (HSCR) [MIM:142623]. In association with mutations of RET gene, defects in GDNF may be involved in Hirschsprung disease. This genetic disorder of neural crest development is characterized by the absence of intramural ganglion cells in the hindgut, often resulting in intestinal obstruction.
Defects in GDNF are a cause of congenital central hypoventilation syndrome (CCHS) [MIM:209880]; also known as congenital failure of autonomic control or Ondine curse. CCHS is a rare disorder characterized by abnormal control of respiration in the absence of neuromuscular or lung disease, or an identifiable brain stem lesion. A deficiency in autonomic control of respiration results in inadequate or negligible ventilatory and arousal responses to hypercapnia and hypoxemia.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the TGF-beta family. GDNF subfamily.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Astrocyte derived trophic factor 1 antibodyAstrocyte derived trophic factor antibodyAstrocyte-derived trophic factor antibody
- ATF 1 antibodyATF 2 antibodyAtf antibodyATF1 antibodyATF2 antibodygdnf antibodyGDNF_HUMAN antibodyGlial cell derived neurotrophic factor antibodyGlial Cell Line Derived Neurotrophic Factor antibodyGlial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor antibodyGlial derived neurotrophic factor antibodyHFB1 GDNF antibodyhGDNF antibody
Anti-GDNF antibody images
Detection of GDNF expression in paraffin embedded formalin fixed human brain tissue section using ab27570 at 1/100 for 10 min at room temperature.
References for Anti-GDNF antibody (ab27570)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lucini C et al. Glial cell line-derived neurotrophic factor expression in the retina of adult zebrafish (Danio rerio). Neurosci Lett 429:156-60 (2007). IHC-P ; Zebrafish . Read more (PubMed: 18006155) »