Anti-GGT1 antibody (ab96466)
- Product nameAnti-GGT1 antibodySee all GGT1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GGT1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Pig
Recombinant fragment containing a sequence corresponding to a region within amino acids 1-196 of Human GGT1 (NP_005256).
- Positive control
- MOLT4 whole cell lysate; 293T, A431, H1299, HeLaS3, HepG2 and Raji cell lysates
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Thimerosal (merthiolate)
Constituents: 10% Glycerol, 0.1M Tris, 0.1M Glycine, pH 7.0
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab96466 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/3000. Predicted molecular weight: 61 kDa.|
- FunctionInitiates extracellular glutathione (GSH) breakdown, provides cells with a local cysteine supply and contributes to maintain intracelular GSH level. It is part of the cell antioxidant defense mechanism. Catalyzes the transfer of the glutamyl moiety of glutathione to amino acids and dipeptide acceptors. Alternatively, glutathione can be hydrolyzed to give Cys-Gly and gamma glutamate. Isoform 3 seems to be inactive.
- Tissue specificityDetected in fetal and adult kidney and liver, adult pancreas, stomach, intestine, placenta and lung. Isoform 3 is lung-specific. There are several other tissue-specific forms that arise from alternative promoter usage but that produce the same protein.
- PathwaySulfur metabolism; glutathione metabolism.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GGT1 are a cause of glutathionuria (GLUTH) [MIM:231950]; also known as gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase deficiency. It is an autosomal recessive disease.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the gamma-glutamyltransferase family.
modificationsN-glycosylated on both chains. Contains hexoses, hexosamines and sialic acid residues. Glycosylation profiles tested in kidney and liver tissues reveal the presence of tissue-specific and site-specific glycan composition, despite the overlap in composition among the N-glycans. A total of 36 glycan compositions, with 40 unique structures are observed. Up to 15 different glycans are observed at a single site, with site-specific variation in glycan composition. The difference in glycosylation profiles in the 2 tissues do not affect the enzyme activity.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- CD224 antibody
- D22S672 antibody
- D22S732 antibody
- Gamma glutamyl transpeptidase antibody
- Gamma glutamyltransferase 1 antibody
- Gamma glutamyltranspeptidase 1 antibody
- Gamma-glutamyltransferase 1 antibody
- Gamma-glutamyltranspeptidase 1 light chain antibody
- GGT 1 antibody
- GGT antibody
- GGT1 antibody
- GGT1_HUMAN antibody
- Glutamyl transpeptidase antibody
- GTG antibody
- MGC96892 antibody
- MGC96904 antibody
- MGC96963 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000028921 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000197959 antibody
Anti-GGT1 antibody images
Anti-GGT1 antibody (ab96466) at 1/500 dilution + MOLT4 whole cell lysate at 30 µg
Predicted band size : 61 kDa
References for Anti-GGT1 antibody (ab96466)
ab96466 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.