Anti-GPSM2 antibody (ab84571)
- Product nameAnti-GPSM2 antibodySee all GPSM2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GPSM2
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Dog, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Chicken, Cow, Zebrafish
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region within N terminal amino acids 72-121 (YFYLHDYAKA LEYHHHDLTL ARTIGDQLGE AKASGNLGNT LKVLGNFDEA) of Human GPSM2 (NP_037428).
- Positive control
- Human fetal liver lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84571 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 76 kDa. Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionPlays an important role in spindle pole orientation. Interacts and contributes to the functional activity of G(i) alpha proteins. Acts to stabilize the apical complex during neuroblast divisions.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitously expressed.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GPSM2 are the cause of deafness autosomal recessive type 82 (DFNB82) [MIM:613557]. DFNB82 is a form of non-syndromic deafness characterized by prelingual, bilateral, severe, sensorineural hearing loss. There are no symptoms of vestibular dysfunction.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GPSM family.
Contains 4 GoLoco domains.
Contains 8 TPR repeats.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cytoplasm > cell cortex. Localizes in the cytoplasm in the interphase and at cell periphery in the metaphase.
- DFNB82 antibody
- G protein signalling modulator 2 (AGS3 like C. elegans) antibody
- G protein signalling modulator 2 antibody
- G-protein-signaling modulator 2 antibody
- Gpsm2 antibody
- GPSM2_HUMAN antibody
- HGNC:29501 antibody
- LGN antibody
- LGN protein antibody
- Mosaic protein LGN antibody
- Pins antibody
Anti-GPSM2 antibody images
ab84571 staining GPSM2 in Dog kidney cell by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.5% Triton X-100 in PBS and blocked with 3% BSA for 30 minutes. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500) for 12 hours at 4°C.
ab84571 at 5 µg/ml staining GPSM2 in Human placenta tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Anti-GPSM2 antibody (ab84571) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + human fetal liver lysate at 10 µg
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 76 kDa
Observed band size : 85 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Gel concentration: 12%
ICC/IF image of ab84571 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab84571, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab84571 at 5 µg/ml staining GPSM2 in Human liver tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Rabbit Anti-GPSM2 Antibody ab84571. Paraffin Embedded Tissue: Human Liver. Antibody Concentration: 5 ug/ml
References for Anti-GPSM2 antibody (ab84571)
ab84571 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.