Anti-GSK3 alpha antibody (ab28833)
- Product nameAnti-GSK3 alpha antibodySee all GSK3 alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GSK3 alpha
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA, IHC-P, IP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human GSK3 around the phosphorylation site of Serine 21.
- Positive controlWB: extracts from ovary cancer cells or K562/HepG2/RAW264.7 cells IHC-P: breast carcinoma.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide.
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesAntibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28833 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: 1/500 (PMID 19858210).
IHC-P: 1/50 - 1/100.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 51 kDa.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionImplicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, MYB and the transcription factor JUN.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GSK-3 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DKFZp686D0638 antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase-3 alpha antibody
- GSK 3 alpha antibodyGSK 3 alpha antibodyGSK 3A antibodyGSK-3 alpha antibodyGSK3A antibodyGSK3A_HUMAN antibodyGSK3alpha antibodySerine/threonine protein kinase GSK3A antibody
Anti-GSK3 alpha antibody images
Ab28833, at a dilution of 1/50, staining GSK3 alpha in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Left image: untreated.
Right image: preincubated with synthesized peptide.
All lanes : Anti-GSK3 alpha antibody (ab28833) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Line 1: analysis of extracts from ovary cancer cells (5-30ug) using ab28833
Lane 2 : Line 2: analysis of extracts from ovary cancer cells (5-30ug) using ab28833 preincubated with synthesized peptide
Predicted band size : 51 kDa
Observed band size : 51 kDa
Anti-GSK3 alpha antibody (ab28833) at 1/1000 dilution + Whole cell lysates prepared from human Jurkat cells at 200000 cells
HRP conjugated Donkey polyclonal to rabbit IgG at 1/2000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 51 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ab28833 staining GSK3 alpha in HeLa cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunoflourescence. Cells were PFA-fixed and permeabilized in 0.5% Triton-X prior to blocking in 3% serum for 1 hour at 23°C. The primary antibody was diluted 1/100 in PBS-BSA (3%) and incubated with the sample for 1 hour at 23°C. The secondary antibody was Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Goat anti-Rabbit polyclonal, diluted 1/1000.
References for Anti-GSK3 alpha antibody (ab28833)
This product has been referenced in:
- Kapfhamer D et al. Protein Phosphatase 2a and glycogen synthase kinase 3 signaling modulate prepulse inhibition of the acoustic startle response by altering cortical M-Type potassium channel activity. J Neurosci 30:8830-40 (2010). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20592205) »
- Heyd F & Lynch KW Phosphorylation-dependent regulation of PSF by GSK3 controls CD45 alternative splicing. Mol Cell 40:126-37 (2010). WB ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 20932480) »