Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) antibody [1H8] (ab90366)
- Product nameAnti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) antibody [1H8]See all GSK3 (alpha + beta) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1H8] to GSK3 (alpha + beta)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey
Recombinant Xenopus GSK3 beta protein.
- Positive control
- HeLa cell lysate (heat shocked), Mouse brain lysate, Rat brain lysate, RK-13 lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20ºC.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Purification notesab90366 was purified by Protein G affinity.
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number1H8
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab90366 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceGlycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3) is a proline directed serine threonine kinase that was initially identified as a phosphorylating and inactivating glycogen synthase, a key enzyme in glycogen metabolism. Since then, it has been shown to be involved in the regulation of a diverse array of cellular functions, including protein synthesis, cell proliferation, cell differentiation, microtubule assembly/disassembly, and apoptosis. GSK3s substrate specificity is unique in that phosphorylation of substrate only occurs if a phosphoserine or phosphotyrosine is present four residues C terminal to the site of GSK phosphorylation. There exists two isoforms of GSK3, alpha and beta, and they show a high degree of amino acid homology. The two isoforms of GSK3 are strictly regulated via phosphorylation. Phosphorylation of GSK3 beta on Ser9 (Ser21 in GSK3 alpha) by protein kinase B (PKB) causes its inactivation is the primary mechanism responsible for growth factor inhibition of this kinase. Activation of GSK3 beta is dependent upon the phosphorylation of Tyr216 (Tyr279 in GSK3 alpha). Upon activation, it has been shown to phosphorylate a number of different cellular proteins, including p53, c-Myc, c-Jun, heat shock factor 1 (HSF1), and cyclin D1. GSK3 beta also has been shown to phosphorylate aberrant sites on the microtubule associated protein tau, which is critical for the progression of Alzheimer's disease. GSK3B is involved in energy metabolism, neuronal cell development, and body pattern formation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- Entrez Gene: 2931 Human
- Entrez Gene: 2932 Human
- Entrez Gene: 56637 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 606496 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 50686 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 84027 Rat
- Omim: 605004 Human
- Omim: 606784 Human
- SwissProt: P49840 Human
- SwissProt: P49841 Human
- SwissProt: Q2NL51 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9WV60 Mouse
- SwissProt: P18265 Rat
- SwissProt: P18266 Rat
- Unigene: 445733 Human
- Unigene: 466828 Human
- Unigene: 10426 Rat
- Unigene: 36807 Rat
- Factor A antibody
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha antibody
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta antibody
- GSK3 alpha antibody
- GSK3 beta antibody
- GSK3B antibody
Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) antibody [1H8] images
All lanes : Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) antibody [1H8] (ab90366) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa lysate (heat shocked)
Lane 2 : Mouse brain lysate
Lane 3 : Rat brain lysate
Lane 4 : RK-13 lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 51 , 47 kDa
References for Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) antibody [1H8] (ab90366)
This product has been referenced in:
- Aza-Blanc P et al. Identification of modulators of TRAIL-induced apoptosis via RNAi-based phenotypic screening. Mol Cell 12:627-37 (2003). Read more (PubMed: 14527409) »
- Aza-Blanc P et al. Identification of modulators of TRAIL-induced apoptosis via RNAi-based phenotypic screening. Mol Cell 12:627-37 (2003). WB . Read more (PubMed: 14527409) »