Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) antibody [M132] (ab45383)
- Product nameAnti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) antibody [M132]See all GSK3 (alpha + beta) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [M132] to GSK3 (alpha + beta) (phospho Y216 + Y279)
- SpecificityThis antibody detects 46/50 kDa proteins corresponding to the apparent molecular mass of GSK-3ß and GSK-3a
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Cow, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
A phospho-GSK-3ß (Tyr-216) synthetic peptide (coupled to KLH) corresponding to amino acid residues around tyrosine 216 of human GSK-3ß.
- Positive controlPervanadate treated rabbit fibroblasts and treated human SKN-SH and A431 cells.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 1mg/ml BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberM132
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45383 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa.|
- RelevanceGlycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3) is a proline directed serine threonine kinase that was initially identified as a phosphorylating and inactivating glycogen synthase, a key enzyme in glycogen metabolism. Since then, it has been shown to be involved in the regulation of a diverse array of cellular functions, including protein synthesis, cell proliferation, cell differentiation, microtubule assembly/disassembly, and apoptosis. GSK3s substrate specificity is unique in that phosphorylation of substrate only occurs if a phosphoserine or phosphotyrosine is present four residues C terminal to the site of GSK phosphorylation. There exists two isoforms of GSK3, alpha and beta, and they show a high degree of amino acid homology. The two isoforms of GSK3 are strictly regulated via phosphorylation. Phosphorylation of GSK3 beta on Ser9 (Ser21 in GSK3 alpha) by protein kinase B (PKB) causes its inactivation is the primary mechanism responsible for growth factor inhibition of this kinase. Activation of GSK3 beta is dependent upon the phosphorylation of Tyr216 (Tyr279 in GSK3 alpha). Upon activation, it has been shown to phosphorylate a number of different cellular proteins, including p53, c-Myc, c-Jun, heat shock factor 1 (HSF1), and cyclin D1. GSK3 beta also has been shown to phosphorylate aberrant sites on the microtubule associated protein tau, which is critical for the progression of Alzheimer's disease. GSK3B is involved in energy metabolism, neuronal cell development, and body pattern formation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- Entrez Gene: 2932 Human
- Entrez Gene: 2931 Human
- Entrez Gene: 56637 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 606496 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 84027 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 50686 Rat
- Omim: 605004 Human
- Omim: 606784 Human
- SwissProt: P49840 Human
- SwissProt: P49841 Human
- SwissProt: Q9WV60 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q2NL51 Mouse
- SwissProt: P18265 Rat
- SwissProt: P18266 Rat
- Unigene: 466828 Human
- Unigene: 445733 Human
- Unigene: 36807 Rat
- Unigene: 10426 Rat
- C86142 antibodyDKFZp686D0638 antibodyFA antibody
- Factor A antibodyGlycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Alpha and Beta antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase 3 beta antibodyGSK 3 alpha antibodyGSK 3 antibodyGSK 3 beta antibodyGSK 3A antibodyGSK 3B antibodyGSK3 alpha antibodyGSK3 beta antibodyGsk3a antibodyGSK3B antibodyKG3A antibodyKG3B antibody
Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) antibody [M132] images
Lanes 1 - 2 : anti-GSK-3ß
Lanes 3 - 4 : Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) antibody [M132] (ab45383) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : rabbit spleen fibroblasts serum starved for 2 hrs
Lane 2 : rabbit spleen fibroblasts treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 minutes
Lane 3 : rabbit spleen fibroblasts serum starved for 2 hrs
Lane 4 : rabbit spleen fibroblasts treated with pervanadate (1 mM) for 30 minutes
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 46,50 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
References for Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) antibody [M132] (ab45383)
This product has been referenced in:
- Puri P et al. Proteomic Analysis of Bovine Sperm YWHA Binding Partners Identify Proteins Involved in Signaling and Metabolism. Biol Reprod : (2008). WB ; Cow . Read more (PubMed: 18753613) »