Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) (phospho Y279 + Y216) antibody [0.T.57] (ab33021)
- Product nameAnti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) (phospho Y279 + Y216) antibody [0.T.57]See all GSK3 (alpha + beta) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [0.T.57] to GSK3 (alpha + beta) (phospho Y279 + Y216)
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Schizosaccharomyces pombe
Predicted to work with: a wide range of other species
Synthetic peptide: C-KQLLHGEPNVSYpICSRY conjugated to Ovalbumin, corresponding to the catalytic domain (between subdomain VII and VIII), amino acids 203 - 219 of Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster) GSK3 (alpha + beta)
- Positive controlJurkat lysate, NIH 3T3 lysate, A431 lysate and rat L6 lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 0.15M Sodium chloride, 0.1M Tris glycine. pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number0.T.57
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33021 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 0.5 - 2 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa. ab33021 detects GSK3 (alpha + beta) in RIPA lysates from human Jurkat cells, mouse 3T3, human A431 and rat L6 cell lysates. Jurkat cell lysate was resolved by electrophoresis, transferred to nitrocellulose and probed with ab33021 (0.5ug/ml). Proteins were visualized using a goat anti mouse secondary antibody conjugated to HRP and a chemiluminescence detection system.
Is unsuitable for IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- RelevanceGlycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3) is a proline directed serine threonine kinase that was initially identified as a phosphorylating and inactivating glycogen synthase, a key enzyme in glycogen metabolism. Since then, it has been shown to be involved in the regulation of a diverse array of cellular functions, including protein synthesis, cell proliferation, cell differentiation, microtubule assembly/disassembly, and apoptosis. GSK3s substrate specificity is unique in that phosphorylation of substrate only occurs if a phosphoserine or phosphotyrosine is present four residues C terminal to the site of GSK phosphorylation. There exists two isoforms of GSK3, alpha and beta, and they show a high degree of amino acid homology. The two isoforms of GSK3 are strictly regulated via phosphorylation. Phosphorylation of GSK3 beta on Ser9 (Ser21 in GSK3 alpha) by protein kinase B (PKB) causes its inactivation is the primary mechanism responsible for growth factor inhibition of this kinase. Activation of GSK3 beta is dependent upon the phosphorylation of Tyr216 (Tyr279 in GSK3 alpha). Upon activation, it has been shown to phosphorylate a number of different cellular proteins, including p53, c-Myc, c-Jun, heat shock factor 1 (HSF1), and cyclin D1. GSK3 beta also has been shown to phosphorylate aberrant sites on the microtubule associated protein tau, which is critical for the progression of Alzheimer's disease. GSK3B is involved in energy metabolism, neuronal cell development, and body pattern formation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- Entrez Gene: 2932 Human
- Entrez Gene: 2931 Human
- Entrez Gene: 56637 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 606496 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 84027 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 50686 Rat
- Omim: 605004 Human
- Omim: 606784 Human
- SwissProt: P49840 Human
- SwissProt: P49841 Human
- SwissProt: Q9WV60 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q2NL51 Mouse
- SwissProt: P18265 Rat
- SwissProt: P18266 Rat
- Unigene: 466828 Human
- Unigene: 445733 Human
- Unigene: 36807 Rat
- Unigene: 10426 Rat
- C86142 antibodyC86142 antibodyDKFZp686D0638 antibody
- FA antibodyFactor A antibodyGlycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Alpha and Beta antibodyGlycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Alpha and Beta antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase 3 beta antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase 3 beta antibodyGSK 3 alpha antibodyGSK 3 alpha antibodyGSK 3 antibodyGSK 3 beta antibodyGSK 3 beta antibodyGSK 3A antibodyGSK 3B antibodyGSK3 alpha antibodyGSK3 beta antibodyGsk3a antibodyGSK3B antibodyKG3A antibodyKG3A antibodyKG3B antibodyKG3B antibody