Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) (phospho Y279 + Y216) antibody (ab52188)
- Product nameAnti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) (phospho Y279 + Y216) antibodySee all GSK3 (alpha + beta) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GSK3 (alpha + beta) (phospho Y279 + Y216)
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of GSK3a/ß only when phosphorylated at tyrosine 279/216.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, ELISA, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human GSK3a/ß around the phosphorylation site of tyrosine 279/216 (V-S-YP-I-C).
- Positive control
- Human breast carcinoma tissue, extracts from HeLa cells.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52188 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 21261990|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 52 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 52 kDa).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceGlycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3) is a proline directed serine threonine kinase that was initially identified as a phosphorylating and inactivating glycogen synthase, a key enzyme in glycogen metabolism. Since then, it has been shown to be involved in the regulation of a diverse array of cellular functions, including protein synthesis, cell proliferation, cell differentiation, microtubule assembly/disassembly, and apoptosis. GSK3s substrate specificity is unique in that phosphorylation of substrate only occurs if a phosphoserine or phosphotyrosine is present four residues C terminal to the site of GSK phosphorylation. There exists two isoforms of GSK3, alpha and beta, and they show a high degree of amino acid homology. The two isoforms of GSK3 are strictly regulated via phosphorylation. Phosphorylation of GSK3 beta on Ser9 (Ser21 in GSK3 alpha) by protein kinase B (PKB) causes its inactivation is the primary mechanism responsible for growth factor inhibition of this kinase. Activation of GSK3 beta is dependent upon the phosphorylation of Tyr216 (Tyr279 in GSK3 alpha). Upon activation, it has been shown to phosphorylate a number of different cellular proteins, including p53, c-Myc, c-Jun, heat shock factor 1 (HSF1), and cyclin D1. GSK3 beta also has been shown to phosphorylate aberrant sites on the microtubule associated protein tau, which is critical for the progression of Alzheimer's disease. GSK3B is involved in energy metabolism, neuronal cell development, and body pattern formation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- Entrez Gene: 2931 Human
- Entrez Gene: 2932 Human
- Entrez Gene: 56637 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 606496 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 50686 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 84027 Rat
- Omim: 605004 Human
- Omim: 606784 Human
- SwissProt: P49840 Human
- SwissProt: P49841 Human
- SwissProt: Q2NL51 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q9WV60 Mouse
- SwissProt: P18265 Rat
- SwissProt: P18266 Rat
- Unigene: 445733 Human
- Unigene: 466828 Human
- Unigene: 10426 Rat
- Unigene: 36807 Rat
- C86142 antibody
- DKFZp686D0638 antibody
- FA antibody
- Factor A antibody
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Alpha and Beta antibody
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha antibody
- Glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta antibody
- GSK 3 alpha antibody
- GSK 3 antibody
- GSK 3 beta antibody
- GSK 3A antibody
- GSK 3B antibody
- GSK3 alpha antibody
- GSK3 beta antibody
- Gsk3a antibody
- GSK3B antibody
- KG3A antibody
- KG3B antibody
Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) (phospho Y279 + Y216) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) (phospho Y279 + Y216) antibody (ab52188) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extracts from HeLa cells with blocking peptide
Lane 2 : extracts from HeLa cells
Predicted band size : 52 kDa
Observed band size : 51,52 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Ab52188 at 1/50 dilution staining human breast carcinoma tissue with and without blocking peptide; paraffin embedded.
References for Anti-GSK3 (alpha + beta) (phospho Y279 + Y216) antibody (ab52188)
This product has been referenced in:
- Darrington RS et al. Distinct expression and activity of GSK-3a and GSK-3ß in prostate cancer. Int J Cancer 131:E872-83 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22539113) »
- Campa VM & Kypta RM Issues associated with the use of phosphospecific antibodies to localise active and inactive pools of GSK-3 in cells. Biol Direct 6:4 (2011). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 21261990) »