Anti-GSK3 alpha (phospho S21) antibody (ab28808)
- Product nameAnti-GSK3 alpha (phospho S21) antibodySee all GSK3 alpha primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GSK3 alpha (phospho S21)
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ELISA, WB, IHC-P, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
The antiserum was produced against synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human GSK3a around the phosphorylation site of Serine 21.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28808 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 50 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionImplicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, MYB and the transcription factor JUN.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GSK-3 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- DKFZp686D0638 antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase 3 alpha antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase-3 alpha antibody
- GSK 3 alpha antibodyGSK 3 alpha antibodyGSK 3A antibodyGSK-3 alpha antibodyGSK3A antibodyGSK3A_HUMAN antibodyGSK3alpha antibodySerine/threonine protein kinase GSK3A antibody
Anti-GSK3 alpha (phospho S21) antibody images
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded breast carcinoma, using primary CDK2 (Phospho-Thr160) ab28808 at 1:100 dilution and Alkaline Phosphatase AffiniPure Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) secondary antibody. Left: Untreated; Right: Treated with synthesized phosphopeptide.
All lanes : Anti-GSK3 alpha (phospho S21) antibody (ab28808) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from ovary cancer cells.
Lane 2 : Extracts from ovary cancer cells. with synthesised non phosphopeptide at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Extracts from ovary cancer cells. with synthesised phosphopeptide at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 50 kDa
Observed band size : 50 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab28808 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab28808, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-GSK3 alpha (phospho S21) antibody (ab28808)
This product has been referenced in:
- Yamaguchi N et al. Dysfunctional ryanodine receptor and cardiac hypertrophy: role of signaling molecules. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 300:H2187-95 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21421818) »
- Kapfhamer D et al. Protein Phosphatase 2a and glycogen synthase kinase 3 signaling modulate prepulse inhibition of the acoustic startle response by altering cortical M-Type potassium channel activity. J Neurosci 30:8830-40 (2010). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20592205) »