Anti-GSK3 beta antibody (ab69739)
- Product nameAnti-GSK3 beta antibodySee all GSK3 beta primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to GSK3 beta
- Specificityab69739 does not recognize GSK3 alpha.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids close to the carboxyl terminus of human GSK3 beta
- Positive controlHuman hepatoma tissue and HeLa, Jurkat, 3T3, PC-12 and MDBK cell lysates.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69739 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
- FunctionParticipates in the Wnt signaling pathway. Implicated in the hormonal control of several regulatory proteins including glycogen synthase, MYB and the transcription factor JUN. Phosphorylates JUN at sites proximal to its DNA-binding domain, thereby reducing its affinity for DNA. Phosphorylates MUC1 in breast cancer cells, and decreases the interaction of MUC1 with CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Phosphorylates CTNNB1/beta-catenin. Phosphorylates SNAI1. Plays an important role in ERBB2-dependent stabilization of microtubules at the cell cortex. Prevents the phosphorylation of APC and CLASP2, allowing its association with the cell membrane. In turn, membrane-bound APC allows the localization of MACF1 to the cell membrane, which is required for microtubule capture and stabilization. Phosphorylates MACF1 and this phosphorylation inhibits the binding of MACF1 to microtubules which is critical for its role in bulge stem cell migration and skin wound repair.
- Tissue specificityExpressed in testis, thymus, prostate and ovary and weakly expressed in lung, brain and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. GSK-3 subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated by AKT1 and ILK1. Activated by phosphorylation at Tyr-216.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cell membrane. The phosphorylated form shows localization to cytoplasm and cell membrane. The MEMO1-RHOA-DIAPH1 signaling pathway controls localization of the phosophorylated form to the cell membrane.
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Beta antibodyGlycogen synthase kinase-3 beta antibodyGSK 3 beta antibody
- GSK 3B antibodyGSK-3 beta antibodyGSK3B antibodyGSK3B protein antibodyGSK3B_HUMAN antibodyGSK3beta isoform antibodySerine/threonine-protein kinase GSK3B antibody
Anti-GSK3 beta antibody images
All lanes : Anti-GSK3 beta antibody (ab69739) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 3 : 3T3 cell lysate
Lane 4 : PC-12 cell lysate
Lane 5 : MDBK cell lysate
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 47 kDa
Observed band size : 47 kDa
References for Anti-GSK3 beta antibody (ab69739)
ab69739 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.