GST Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65326)
- Product nameGST Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all GST kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Sensitivity< 4 mU/well
- Assay time1h 30m
- Product overview
Abcam's GST Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) is based upon the GST-catalyzed reaction between GSH and the GST substrate, CDNB (1-chloro-2,4-dinitrobenzene, which has the broadest range of isozyme detectability (e.g., alpha-, mu-, pi-, and other GST isoforms). Under certain conditions, the interaction between glutathione and CDNB is totally dependent on the presence of active GST. The GST-catalyzed formation of GS-DNB produces a dinitrophenyl thioether which can be detected by spectrophotometer at 340 nm. One unit of GST activity is defined as the amount of enzyme producing 1 µmol of GS-DNB conjugate/min under the conditions of the assay. The kit can detect GST activity in crude cell lysate or purified protein fraction, and also quantitate GST-tagged fusion protein. Detect limit: Active GST < 1 mU.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Glutathione S-transferase (GST) is a family of enzymes that play an important role in detoxification of xenobiotics. GST catalyzes the formation of the thiol group of glutathione to electrophilic xenobiotics. It utilizes glutathione to scavenge potentially toxic compounds including those produced as a result of oxidative stress and is part of the defense mechanism against the mutagenic, carcinogenic and toxic effects of such compounds.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests Glutathione (GSH, lyophilized) Green 2 x 17mg GST Assay Buffer 1 x 25ml GST Positive Control (0.625 µg/µl) Yellow 1 x 20µl GST Substrate (CDNB) Red 1 x 0.5ml
- Research Areas
- Glutathione S transferase A1Glutathione S transferase A2GST class alpha 1
- GST class alpha 2GST epsilonGST gammaGSTA1GSTA2GTH1GTH2HA subunit 1HA subunit 2
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65326 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
GST Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) images
Principle of GST Activity Assay.
GST Kinetic Assay performed according to the protocol
Calculation is found in protocol page.
References for GST Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65326)
This product has been referenced in:
- Anathy V et al. Oxidative processing of latent Fas in the endoplasmic reticulum controls the strength of apoptosis. Mol Cell Biol 32:3464-78 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22751926) »