Generic Caspase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Green) (ab112130)
- Product nameGeneric Caspase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Green)See all Caspase kits ...
- Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
- Assay typeDirect
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Abcam's Activity Assay kits are a set of tools for monitoring cellular functions. The activation of caspase is widely accepted as a reliable indicator for cell apoptosis. Most caspases have substrate selectivity for the peptide sequence Val-Ala-Asp (VAD). ab112130 uses TF2-VAD-FMK as a fluorescent indicator for most caspase activities. The cell permeable and nontoxic TF2-VAD-FMK irreversibly binds to activated caspase-1, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8 and -9 in apoptotic cells. Once bound to caspases, the fluorescent reagent is retained inside the cell. The binding event prevents the caspases from further catalysis but will not stop apoptosis from proceeding. Within 15 minutes incubation, it starts to react with active caspase enzymes.
ab112130 provides all the essential components with an optimized assay protocol. It is designed to detect cell apoptosis by measuring generic activation of caspases (caspase-1, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8 and -9) in live cells.
ab112130 is used for either the quantification of most activated caspase activities in apoptotic cells or screening of caspase inhibitors. TF2-VAD-FMK, the green label reagent, allows for direct detection of activated caspases in apoptotic cells by a flow cytometer at Ex/Em = 488/520 nm.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
ab112130 should be stored dessicated.
- Tested applicationsFlow Cyt, Functional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 500 X TF2-VAD-FMK 1 x 100µl 500X Propidium Iodide 1 x 100µl Assay Buffer 1 x 50ml
- Research Areas
- RelevanceCaspases are members of the cysteine-aspartic acid protease (caspase) family. Sequential activation of caspases plays a central role in the execution-phase of cell apoptosis. Caspases exist as inactive proenzymes which undergo proteolytic processing at conserved aspartic residues to produce 2 subunits, large and small, that dimerize to form the active enzyme.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab112130 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt|
Generic Caspase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Green) images
The increase in TF2-VAD-FMK (Component A) fluorescence intensity with the addition of Camptothecin in Jurkat cells.
Jurkat cells were untreated (Blue) or with 20 μM camptothecin (Pink) in a 37 °C, 5 % CO2 incubator for 4-5 hours, and then dye loaded with TF2-VAD-FMK for 1 hour.
References for Generic Caspase Activity Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Green) (ab112130)
ab112130 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.