Anti-Ghrelin antibody (ab64325)
- Product nameAnti-Ghrelin antibodySee all Ghrelin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Ghrelin
- SpecificityReacts specifically with human 13 kDa protein
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide derived from Ghrelin protein
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64325 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 13 kDa.|
- FunctionGhrelin is the ligand for growth hormone secretagogue receptor type 1 (GHSR). Induces the release of growth hormone from the pituitary. Has an appetite-stimulating effect, induces adiposity and stimulates gastric acid secretion. Involved in growth regulation.
Obestatin may be the ligand for GPR39. May have an appetite-reducing effect resulting in decreased food intake. May reduce gastric emptying activity and jejunal motility.
- Tissue specificityHighest level in stomach. All forms are found in serum as well. Other tissues compensate for the loss of ghrelin synthesis in the stomach following gastrectomy.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the motilin family.
modificationsO-octanoylation or O-decanoylation is essential for ghrelin activity. The O-decanoylated forms Ghrelin-27-C10 and Ghrelin-28-C10 differ in the length of the carbon backbone of the carboxylic acid bound to Ser-26. A small fraction of ghrelin, ghrelin-28-C10:1, may be modified with a singly unsaturated carboxylic acid.
Amidation of Leu-98 is essential for obestatin activity.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Appetite regulating hormone antibodyGhrelin 27 antibodyGhrelin 28 antibody
- Ghrelin antibodyGhrelin/obestatin prepropeptide antibodyghrl antibodyGHRL_HUMAN antibodyGrowth hormone releasing peptide antibodyGrowth hormone secretagogue antibodyGrowth hormone-releasing peptide antibodyM46 protein antibodyMotilin related peptide antibodyMotilin-related peptide antibodyMTLRP antibodyObestatin antibodyProtein M46 antibody