Anti-Gli2 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab26056)
- Product nameAnti-Gli2 antibody - ChIP GradeSee all Gli2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Gli2 - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityThis antibody recognises Gli2.
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF, ICC, EMSA, IHC-Fr, ChIP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide: RNDVHLRTPL LKENGDSEAG TEPGGPESTE ASSTSQAVED CLHVRAIKTE, corresponding to amino acids 600-649 of Human Gli2 (Peptide available as ab111657).
- Positive control
- Jurkat cell lysate for Western blot, Human heart and human intestine tissue for Immunohistochemistry.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None.
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26056 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 - 1.25 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 133 kDa.Can be blocked with Human Gli2 peptide (ab111657). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/200. See Abreview|
|EMSA||EMSA: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/100. See Abreview|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionActs as a transcriptional activator. May play a role during embryogenesis. Binds to the DNA sequence 5'-GAACCACCCA-3' which is part of the TRE-2S regulatory element that augments the Tax-dependent enhancer of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1. Implicated in the transduction of SHH signal.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GLI2 are the cause of holoprosencephaly type 9 (HPE9) [MIM:610829]; also called pituitary anomalies with holoprosencephaly-like features. The primary features of this disease include defective anterior pituitary formation and pan-hypopituitarism, with or without overt forebrain cleavage abnormalities, and holoprosencephaly-like midfacial hypoplasia. Holoprosencephaly is the most common structural anomaly of the brain, in which the developing forebrain fails to correctly separate into right and left hemispheres. Holoprosencephaly is genetically heterogeneous and associated with several distinct facies and phenotypic variability.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GLI C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 5 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
modificationsPhosphorylated in vitro by ULK3.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Gli 2 antibody
- GLI family zinc finger 2 antibody
- GLI kruppel family member 2 antibody
- GLI Kruppel family member GLI2 antibody
- GLI2 antibody
- GLI2_HUMAN antibody
- Oncogene GLI2 antibody
- Tax helper protein 2 antibody
- Tax helper protein antibody
- Tax responsive element 2 holding protein antibody
- Tax responsive element 25 bp sequence binding protein antibody
- THP 2 antibody
- THP antibody
- THP2 antibody
- Zinc finger protein GLI2 antibody
Anti-Gli2 antibody - ChIP Grade images
Anti-Gli2 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab26056) at 1 µg/ml (in 5% skim milk / PBS buffer) + Jurkat cell lysate 10ug.
HRP conjugated anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size : 133 kDa
Ab26056 at 4-8 ug/ml staining paraffin embedded human heart tissue by Immunohistochemistry. Arrows indicate positively labelled myocardial cells. Magnification: x400.
Ab26056 at 4-8 ug/ml staining paraffin embedded human intestine tissue by Immunohistochemistry. Arrows indicate positively labelled epithelial cells of intestinal glands. Magnification: x400.
ab26056 staining Gli2 in murine intestine by Immunohistochemistry -PFA fixed.
Tissue was fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized using 0.01% Triton X-100, blocked with 5% BSA for 1 hour at 23°C and then incubated with ab26056 at a 1/300 dilution for 8 hours at 20°C. The secondary used was an undiluted Alexa-Fluor 488 conjugated donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal.
ab26056 staining Gli2 in 6 month-old transgenic zebrafish pancreas (Ihha overexpression) by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Sections were incubated with primary antibody (1/300) and HRP-conjugated secondary antibody colored using DAB solution. Slides were counterstained with hematoxylin.
Immunohistochemistry of Human Heart lysate tissue at an antibody concentration of 4-8µg/ml using anti-GLI2 antibody (ab26056)
Immunohistochemistry of Human Intestine tissue at an antibody concentration of 4-8µg/ml using anti-GLI2 antibody (ab26056)
References for Anti-Gli2 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab26056)
This product has been referenced in:
- Bosco-Clément G et al. Targeting Gli transcription activation by small molecule suppresses tumor growth. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23686308) »
- Yang L et al. Hedgehog signaling activation in the development of squamous cell carcinoma and adenocarcinoma of esophagus. Int J Biochem Mol Biol 3:46-57 (2012). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 22509480) »