Anti-Gli2 antibody (ab7181)
- Product nameAnti-Gli2 antibodySee all Gli2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Gli2
- Specificityab7181 is expected to cross-react with all 4 splice variants of Human Gli as the immunogen sequence is present in all 4. Tested by Western blotting on human lung, gives low background, but no band was detected. We welcome feedback on this antibody.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide: RSKVKTEPEGLRPAS-C conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 46-60 of Human Gli2.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium Chloride, 0.02M Potassium Phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7181 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActs as a transcriptional activator. May play a role during embryogenesis. Binds to the DNA sequence 5'-GAACCACCCA-3' which is part of the TRE-2S regulatory element that augments the Tax-dependent enhancer of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1. Implicated in the transduction of SHH signal.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GLI2 are the cause of holoprosencephaly type 9 (HPE9) [MIM:610829]; also called pituitary anomalies with holoprosencephaly-like features. The primary features of this disease include defective anterior pituitary formation and pan-hypopituitarism, with or without overt forebrain cleavage abnormalities, and holoprosencephaly-like midfacial hypoplasia. Holoprosencephaly is the most common structural anomaly of the brain, in which the developing forebrain fails to correctly separate into right and left hemispheres. Holoprosencephaly is genetically heterogeneous and associated with several distinct facies and phenotypic variability.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GLI C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 5 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
modificationsPhosphorylated in vitro by ULK3.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Gli 2 antibodyGLI family zinc finger 2 antibodyGLI kruppel family member 2 antibody
- GLI Kruppel family member GLI2 antibodyGLI2 antibodyGLI2_HUMAN antibodyOncogene GLI2 antibodyTax helper protein antibodyTax helper protein 2 antibodyTax responsive element 2 holding protein antibodyTax responsive element 25 bp sequence binding protein antibodyTHP 2 antibodyTHP antibodyTHP2 antibodyZinc finger protein GLI2 antibody
References for Anti-Gli2 antibody (ab7181)
This product has been referenced in:
- Brunner M et al. Expression of hedgehog signaling molecules in Merkel cell carcinoma. Head Neck 32:333-40 (2010). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19644931) »
- Ohta H et al. Cross talk between hedgehog and epithelial-mesenchymal transition pathways in gastric pit cells and in diffuse-type gastric cancers. Br J Cancer 100:389-98 (2009). IHC-P ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 19107131) »