Anti-Gli2 antibody (ab7195)
- Product nameAnti-Gli2 antibodySee all Gli2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Gli2
- Tested applicationsELISA, WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide: LRGAPSASRGSYTQQPR-C conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 1193-1209 of Mouse Gli2
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.15M Sodium Chloride, 0.02M Potassium Phosphate. pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7195 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 2 - 20 µg/ml.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution ~(PMID 17971852).
WB: 1/500 - 1/2000.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionActs as a transcriptional activator. May play a role during embryogenesis. Binds to the DNA sequence 5'-GAACCACCCA-3' which is part of the TRE-2S regulatory element that augments the Tax-dependent enhancer of human T-cell leukemia virus type 1. Implicated in the transduction of SHH signal.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GLI2 are the cause of holoprosencephaly type 9 (HPE9) [MIM:610829]; also called pituitary anomalies with holoprosencephaly-like features. The primary features of this disease include defective anterior pituitary formation and pan-hypopituitarism, with or without overt forebrain cleavage abnormalities, and holoprosencephaly-like midfacial hypoplasia. Holoprosencephaly is the most common structural anomaly of the brain, in which the developing forebrain fails to correctly separate into right and left hemispheres. Holoprosencephaly is genetically heterogeneous and associated with several distinct facies and phenotypic variability.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GLI C2H2-type zinc-finger protein family.
Contains 5 C2H2-type zinc fingers.
modificationsPhosphorylated in vitro by ULK3.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Gli 2 antibodyGLI family zinc finger 2 antibodyGLI kruppel family member 2 antibody
- GLI Kruppel family member GLI2 antibodyGLI2 antibodyGLI2_HUMAN antibodyOncogene GLI2 antibodyTax helper protein antibodyTax helper protein 2 antibodyTax responsive element 2 holding protein antibodyTax responsive element 25 bp sequence binding protein antibodyTHP 2 antibodyTHP antibodyTHP2 antibodyZinc finger protein GLI2 antibody
Anti-Gli2 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Gli2 antibody (ab7195)
Lane 1 : Mouse brain whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse brain whole cell lysate with Immunizing peptide
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
IRDye™800 conjugated Gt-a-Rabbit IgG (1/10000)
Observed band size : 190 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab7195 at 10 µg/ml staining mouse testis.
ab7195 at 10 µg/ml staining mouse brain.
developed using the ECL technique
Observed band size : 160 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Exposure time : 2 minutes
Image courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
References for Anti-Gli2 antibody (ab7195)
This product has been referenced in:
- Zhang Z et al. Fuz Regulates Craniofacial Development through Tissue Specific Responses to Signaling Factors. PLoS One 6:e24608 (2011). IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21935430) »
- Youssef KK et al. Identification of the cell lineage at the origin of basal cell carcinoma. Nat Cell Biol 12:299-305 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20154679) »