Anti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody (ab87230)
- Product nameAnti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibodySee all Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Sheep, Horse, Cow, Cat, Dog, Turkey, Zebrafish, Macaque Monkey, Chinese Hamster
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 450 to the C-terminus of Human Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase.
(Peptide available as ab87368.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in RAW 264.7 and Jurkat Whole Cell Lysates, and in Human Lymph node Tissue Lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87230 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 59 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 59 kDa).Can be blocked with Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase peptide (ab87368).|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionProduces pentose sugars for nucleic acid synthesis and main producer of NADPH reducing power.
- Tissue specificityIsoform Long is found in lymphoblasts, granulocytes and sperm.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; pentose phosphate pathway; D-ribulose 5-phosphate from D-glucose 6-phosphate (oxidative stage): step 1/3.
- Involvement in diseaseChronic non-spherocytic hemolytic anemia (CNSHA) [MIM:305900]: Deficiency of G6PD is associated with hemolytic anemia in two different situations. First, in areas in which malaria has been endemic, G6PD-deficiency alleles have reached high frequencies (1% to 50%) and deficient individuals, though essentially asymptomatic in the steady state, have a high risk of acute hemolytic attacks. Secondly, sporadic cases of G6PD deficiency occur at a very low frequencies, and they usually present a more severe phenotype. Several types of CNSHA are recognized. Class-I variants are associated with severe NSHA; class-II have an activity <10% of normal; class-III have an activity of 10% to 60% of normal; class-IV have near normal activity. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase family.
- Entrez Gene: 281179 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 81088 Dog
- Entrez Gene: 2539 Human
- Entrez Gene: 14381 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 24377 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 443211 Sheep
- Omim: 305900 Human
- SwissProt: P11413 Human
- SwissProt: Q00612 Mouse
- SwissProt: P05370 Rat
- Unigene: 461047 Human
- Unigene: 684904 Human
- Unigene: 27210 Mouse
- Unigene: 11040 Rat
- G6PD antibodyG6PD_HUMAN antibodyG6PD1 antibody
- G6pdx antibodyGlucose 6 phosphate 1 dehydrogenase antibodyGlucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase antibodyGlucose 6 phosphate dehydrogenase, G6PD antibodyGlucose-6-phosphate 1-dehydrogenase antibodyMET19 antibodyPOS10 antibodyZwf1p antibody
Anti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody images
All lanes : Anti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody (ab87230) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : RAW 264.7 (Mouse leukaemic monocyte macrophage cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Lymph node (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29871)
Lane 3 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 59 kDa
Observed band size : 59 kDa
Additional bands at : 95 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
ICC/IF image of ab87230 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab87230, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) MCF7 cells at 1µg/ml, and in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa, Hek293, HepG2 and MCF7 cells at 1µg/ml.
IHC image of Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase staining in human breast carcinoma formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab87230, 10µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
References for Anti-Glucose 6 Phosphate Dehydrogenase antibody (ab87230)
ab87230 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.