Glucose 6 Phosphate Isomerase Human ELISA Kit (ab128574)
- Product nameGlucose 6 Phosphate Isomerase Human ELISA KitSee all Glucose 6 Phosphate Isomerase kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity> 0.5 ng/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Does not react withMouse, Rat
- Product overview
ab128574 GPI Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is an in vitro enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for the quantitative measurement of human glucose 6 phosphate isomerase (GPI) in cell and tissue lysates. The assay employs an antibody specific for human GPI coated onto well plate strips. Standards and samples are pipetted into the wells and analyte present in the sample is bound to the wells by the immobilized antibody. The wells are washed and an anti- GPI primary detector antibody is added. After washing away unbound primary detector antibody, HRP-conjugated secondary detector antibody specific for the primary detector antibody is pipetted to the wells. The wells are again washed, a TMB substrate solution is added to the wells and color develops in proportion to the amount of analyte bound. The developing blue color is measured at 600 nm. Optionally the reaction can be stopped by adding hydrochloric acid which changes the color from blue to yellow and the intensity can be measured at 450 nm.
Typical working ranges for cell extracts:
HeLa, Hek293, Jurkat, fibroblast: 1 – 50 µg/mL
GPI protein standard: 0.5 – 1000 ng/mL
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 10X Blocking Buffer 1 x 15ml 10X GPI Detector Antibody 1 x 1ml 10X HRP Label 1 x 1ml 20X Buffer 1 x 20ml Extraction Buffer 1 x 15ml GPI Microplate (12 x 8 antibody coated well strips) 1 unit Human GPI standard 1 x 250ng TMB Development Solution 1 x 12ml
- RelevanceThis gene belongs to the GPI family whose members encode multifunctional phosphoglucose isomerase proteins involved in energy pathways. The protein encoded by this gene is a dimeric enzyme that catalyzes the reversible isomerization of glucose-6-phosphate and fructose-6-phosphate. The protein functions in different capacities inside and outside the cell. In the cytoplasm, the gene product is involved in glycolysis and gluconeogenesis, while outside the cell it functions as a neurotrophic factor for spinal and sensory neurons. Defects in this gene are the cause of nonspherocytic hemolytic anemia and a severe enzyme deficiency can be associated with hydrops fetalis, immediate neonatal death and neurological impairment.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Secreted
- Autocrine motility factor
- Glucose phosphate isomerase
- Glucose-6-phosphate isomerase
- Phosphoglucose isomerase
- Phosphohexose isomerase
- Sperm antigen 36
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab128574 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Glucose 6 Phosphate Isomerase Human ELISA Kit images
Example standard curve of serially diluted recombinant GPI in the working range of the assay.
Example HeLa dilution series in the assay working range.
Demonstration of assay specificity by measuring GPI concentration in HeLa cell lysates at 50 µg/mL. Using this ELISA kit it was determined that after DFO treatment of HeLa cells to simulate hypoxia, the GPI concentration in cells increases 2.5 fold.
References for Glucose 6 Phosphate Isomerase Human ELISA Kit (ab128574)
ab128574 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.