Anti-Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase antibody (ab68643)
- Product nameAnti-Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase antibodySee all Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 50 - 150 of Human Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase.
(Peptide available as ab85818.)
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Lysates: Human Liver Tissue, HepG2 Whole Cell.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68643 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 63 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa).Can be blocked with Human Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase peptide (ab85818).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionBesides it's role as a glycolytic enzyme, mammalian GPI can function as a tumor-secreted cytokine and an angiogenic factor (AMF) that stimulates endothelial cell motility. GPI is also a neurotrophic factor (Neuroleukin) for spinal and sensory neurons.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate and glycerone phosphate from D-glucose: step 2/4.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GPI are the cause of hemolytic anemia non-spherocytic due to glucose phosphate isomerase deficiency (HA-GPID) [MIM:613470]. It is a form of anemia in which there is no abnormal hemoglobin or spherocytosis. It is caused by glucose phosphate isomerase deficiency. Severe GPI deficiency can be associated with hydrops fetalis, immediate neonatal death and neurological impairment.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GPI family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-185 by CK2 has been shown to decrease enzymatic activity and may contribute to secretion by a non-classical secretory pathway.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Secreted.
- AMF antibody
- Aurocrine motility factor antibody
- Autocrine motility factor antibody
- DKFZp686C13233 antibody
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
- G6PI_HUMAN antibody
- Glucose phosphate isomerase antibody
- Glucose-6-phosphate isomerase antibody
- GNPI antibody
- GPI antibody
- Gpi1 antibody
- Hexose monophosphate isomerase antibody
- Hexosephosphate isomerase antibody
- Neuroleukin antibody
- NLK antibody
- Oxoisomerase antibody
- PGI antibody
- PHI antibody
- Phosphoglucose isomerase antibody
- Phosphohexomutase antibody
- Phosphohexose isomerase antibody
- Phosphosaccharomutase antibody
- SA 36 antibody
- SA-36 antibody
- SA36 antibody
- Sperm antigen 36 antibody
Anti-Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase antibody images
ICC/IF image of ab68643 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% PFA fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab68643, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in 4% PFA fixed (10 min) HepG2 cells at 5µg/ml, and in 100% methanol fixed (5 min) HeLa, Hek293 and MCF7 cells at 5µg/ml.
All lanes : Anti-Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase antibody (ab68643) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 :
Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29889)
Lane 2 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 63 kDa
Observed band size : 63 kDa
Additional bands at : 39 kDa,55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 2 minutes
References for Anti-Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase antibody (ab68643)
This product has been referenced in:
- Senesi S et al. Contribution of fructose-6-phosphate to glucocorticoid activation in the endoplasmic reticulum: possible implication in the metabolic syndrome. Endocrinology 151:4830-9 (2010). Read more (PubMed: 20826560) »