Anti-Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase antibody (ab81466)
- Product nameAnti-Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase antibodySee all Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, IHC-Fr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide derived from an internal domain of human Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: Whole serum
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81466 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/200 - 1/1000.|
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa.|
- FunctionBesides it's role as a glycolytic enzyme, mammalian GPI can function as a tumor-secreted cytokine and an angiogenic factor (AMF) that stimulates endothelial cell motility. GPI is also a neurotrophic factor (Neuroleukin) for spinal and sensory neurons.
- PathwayCarbohydrate degradation; glycolysis; D-glyceraldehyde 3-phosphate and glycerone phosphate from D-glucose: step 2/4.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GPI are the cause of hemolytic anemia non-spherocytic due to glucose phosphate isomerase deficiency (HA-GPID) [MIM:613470]. It is a form of anemia in which there is no abnormal hemoglobin or spherocytosis. It is caused by glucose phosphate isomerase deficiency. Severe GPI deficiency can be associated with hydrops fetalis, immediate neonatal death and neurological impairment.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the GPI family.
modificationsPhosphorylation at Ser-185 by CK2 has been shown to decrease enzymatic activity and may contribute to secretion by a non-classical secretory pathway.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Secreted.
- AMF antibodyAurocrine motility factor antibodyAutocrine motility factor antibody
- DKFZp686C13233 antibodyEC 22.214.171.124 antibodyG6PI_HUMAN antibodyGlucose phosphate isomerase antibodyGlucose-6-phosphate isomerase antibodyGNPI antibodyGPI antibodyGpi1 antibodyHexose monophosphate isomerase antibodyHexosephosphate isomerase antibodyNeuroleukin antibodyNLK antibodyOxoisomerase antibodyPGI antibodyPHI antibodyPhosphoglucose isomerase antibodyPhosphohexomutase antibodyPhosphohexose isomerase antibodyPhosphosaccharomutase antibodySA 36 antibodySA-36 antibodySA36 antibodySperm antigen 36 antibody
References for Anti-Glucose 6 phosphate isomerase antibody (ab81466)
ab81466 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.