Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT2 antibody [5D1] (ab85715)
- Product nameAnti-Glucose Transporter GLUT2 antibody [5D1]See all Glucose Transporter GLUT2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [5D1] to Glucose Transporter GLUT2
- Specificityab85715 recognizes Glucose Transporter GLUT2 expression on hGlut2-transfected NS0 cells but not on control transfectants. Detects Glut2 on the surface of the Human intestinal cell line Caco2 in flow cytometry and on fixed cells in immunocytochemistry tests. Based on flow cytometric tests on transfected cells, this antibody has no cross-reactivity with hGlut1 or hGlut3.
- Tested applicationsIHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt, IHC-FoFr, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Human Glucose Transporter GLUT2 transfected NS0 cells.
- Positive controlLiver tissue.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 5% Trehalose, 40% Glycerol, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number5D1
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab85715 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|ICC||ICC: Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use 0.5µg for 106 cells.|
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21857924|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 57 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa).|
- FunctionFacilitative glucose transporter. This isoform likely mediates the bidirectional transfer of glucose across the plasma membrane of hepatocytes and is responsible for uptake of glucose by the beta cells; may comprise part of the glucose-sensing mechanism of the beta cell. May also participate with the Na(+)/glucose cotransporter in the transcellular transport of glucose in the small intestine and kidney.
- Tissue specificityLiver, insulin-producing beta cell, small intestine and kidney.
- Involvement in diseaseFanconi-Bickel syndrome (FBS) [MIM:227810]: Rare, well-defined clinical entity, inherited in an autosomal recessive mode and characterized by hepatorenal glycogen accumulation, proximal renal tubular dysfunction, and impaired utilization of glucose and galactose. Note=The disease is caused by mutations affecting the gene represented in this entry.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sugar transporter (TC 2.A.1.1) family. Glucose transporter subfamily.
modificationsN-glycosylated; required for stability and retention at the cell surface of pancreatic beta cells.
- Cellular localizationMembrane.
- liver antibodyGlucose Transporter 2 antibodyGlucose Transporter GLUT2 antibody
- Glucose transporter type 2 antibodyGlucose transporter type 2 liver antibodyGLUT-2 antibodyGLUT2 antibodyGTR2_HUMAN antibodyGTT2 antibodySLC2A2 antibodySolute carrier family 2 (facilitated glucose transporter) member 2 antibodySolute carrier family 2 facilitated glucose transporter member 2 antibodySolute carrier family 2, facilitated glucose transporter member 2 antibody
Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT2 antibody [5D1] images
ab85715, at 10 µg/ml, staining Glucose Transporter GLUT2 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human Liver tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT2 antibody [5D1] (ab85715) at 1 µg/ml +
Pancreas (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29816) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 57 kDa
Observed band size : 57 kDa
Exposure time : 8 minutes
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab85715 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab85715, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HepG2 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen pancreatic tissue in control (left) or TAT-MafA mutant (right) neonate mice.
Glucose Transporter GLUT2 was stained using ab85715 (green), at 10 mg/ml. An AlexaFluor®647-conjugated donkey anti-mouse IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT2 antibody [5D1] (ab85715)
This product has been referenced in:
- Vargas N et al. TAT-Mediated Transduction of MafA Protein In Utero Results in Enhanced Pancreatic Insulin Expression and Changes in Islet Morphology. PLoS One 6:e22364 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 21857924) »