Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT4 antibody (ab654)
- Product nameAnti-Glucose Transporter GLUT4 antibodySee all Glucose Transporter GLUT4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Glucose Transporter GLUT4
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, ICC, Immunomicroscopy, IHC-Fr, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Pig, Armenian Hamster
Synthetic peptide corresponding to the C-terminal 15 residues of rat Glut4 cross-linked to Keyhole limpet hemocyanin (Peptide available as ab115831.)
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
- PurityWhole antiserum
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab654 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/2000 - 1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54.8 kDa).Can be blocked with Rat Glucose Transporter GLUT4 peptide (ab115831). The samples MUST NOT be boiled before running the gel as highly hydrophobic membrane proteins, like glucose transporters, aggregate severely at high temperatures due to the hydrophobic effect, which increases as a direct function of temperature. If the samples are boiled, much of the transporter will aggregate so severely it doesn't enter the running gel and higher order oligomers will be observed.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Immunomicroscopy||IM: Use at an assay dependent concentration. Can also can be used for Immunogold EM (purified IgG). See references for specific protocols.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
- FunctionInsulin-regulated facilitative glucose transporter.
- Tissue specificitySkeletal and cardiac muscles; brown and white fat.
- Involvement in diseaseDiabetes mellitus, non-insulin-dependent
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the major facilitator superfamily. Sugar transporter (TC 2.A.1.1) family. Glucose transporter subfamily.
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Endomembrane system. Cytoplasm > perinuclear region. Localizes primarily to the perinuclear region, undergoing continued recycling to the plasma membrane where it is rapidly reinternalized. The dileucine internalization motif is critical for intracellular sequestration.
- insulin-responsive antibody
- Glucose transporter GLUT 4 antibody
- Glucose transporter type 4 antibody
- Glucose transporter type 4 insulin responsive antibody
- GLUT 4 antibody
- GLUT-4 antibody
- GLUT4 antibody
- GTR4_HUMAN antibody
- kug antibody
- SLC 2A4 antibody
- SLC2A4 antibody
- solute carrier family 2 (facilitated glucose transporter) member 4 antibody
- Solute carrier family 2, facilitated glucose transporter member 4 antibody
Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT4 antibody images
ab654 at a 1/300 dilution, staining human GLUT4 in fetal heart tissue by Immunohistochemistry, frozen tissue.
ab654 at 1/500 dilution staining GLUT4 in mouse muscle by immunohistochemistry (frozen sections). Sections were methanol fixed prior to blocking in 5% goat serum for 1 hour at 25°C and then incubated with ab654 for 1 hour at 25°C. A goat polyclonal to rabbit Ig, diluted 1/500, was used as the secondary antibody.
ICC/IF image of ab654 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab654, 1/1000 dilution) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
References for Anti-Glucose Transporter GLUT4 antibody (ab654)
This product has been referenced in:
- Costello PM et al. Lower Maternal Body Condition During Pregnancy Affects Skeletal Muscle Structure and Glut-4 Protein Levels But Not Glucose Tolerance in Mature Adult Sheep. Reprod Sci N/A:N/A (2013). Sheep . Read more (PubMed: 23420826) »
- Ndisang JF & Mishra M The heme oxygenase system selectively suppresses the proinflammatory macrophage m1 phenotype and potentiates insulin signaling in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Am J Hypertens 26:1123-31 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23757400) »