Glutathione Peroxidase 2 peptide (ab45472)
- Product nameGlutathione Peroxidase 2 peptideSee all Glutathione Peroxidase 2 proteins and peptides ...
- Amino Acid Sequence
- Amino acids0 to 0
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab45472 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
- Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Gastrointestinal glutathione peroxidase
- GI GPx
- Glutathione peroxidase 2
- Glutathione peroxidase 2 (gastrointestinal)
- Glutathione peroxidase gastrointestinal
- Glutathione peroxidase related protein 2
- Glutathione peroxidase-gastrointestinal
- Glutathione peroxidase-related protein 2
- GPx 2
- GSHPx 2
- GSHPx GI
- FunctionCould play a major role in protecting mammals from the toxicity of ingested organic hydroperoxides. Tert-butyl hydroperoxide, cumene hydroperoxide and linoleic acid hydroperoxide but not phosphatidycholine hydroperoxide, can act as acceptors.
- Tissue specificityMostly in liver and gastrointestinal tract, not found in heart or kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glutathione peroxidase family.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Mainly cytoplasmic.
References for Glutathione Peroxidase 2 peptide (ab45472)
ab45472 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.