Anti-Glutathione antibody [D8] (ab19534)
- Product nameAnti-Glutathione antibody [D8]See all Glutathione primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [D8] to Glutathione
- SpecificityThis antibody reacts with glutathione-protein complexes under non-reducing conditions.
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, WB, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP, ELISA, ICC, ICC/IF more details
Glutathione conjugated to KLH
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium Azide
Constituents: PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberD8
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab19534 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19833109|
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Use under non reducing condition. We recommend blocking with 5% milk (not BSA). While glutathione itself is too small to detect in WB, this antibody will detect all glutathionylated proteins. You may observe multiple bands at variable molecular weights depending on what proteins in your samples are glutathionylated.|
|IHC-Fr||IHC-Fr: 1/100 - 1/200.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ICC||ICC: Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- RelevanceGlutathione is a small peptide composed of three amino acids: cysteine, glutamic acid, and glycine and is present in tissues in concentrations as high as one millimolar. It contains an unusual peptide linkage between the amine group of cysteine and the carboxyl group of the glutamate side chain. Glutathione is involved in detoxification, it binds to toxins, such as heavy metals, solvents, and pesticides, and transforms them into a form that can be excreted in urine or bile. It is also an important antioxidant, helping to maintain the -SH groups of proteins in their reduced form. Chronic functional glutathione deficiency is associated with glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, immune disorders, an increased incidence of malignancies, and in the case of HIV disease, probably accelerated pathogenesis of the disease. Acute manifestations of functional glutathione deficiency can be seen in those who have taken an overdosage of acetaminophen (paracetamol). This results in depletion of glutathione in the hepatocytes, leading to liver failure and death.
- Glutathione antibodyGSH antibodyOxidised glutathione antibodyReduced glutathione antibody
Anti-Glutathione antibody [D8] images
ab19534 staining Glutathione in human neutrophils by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Samples were fixed with 4% (w/v) paraformaldehyde in PBS, permeabilized with PBS containing 0.5% (w/v) saponin and 0.1% (w/v) bovine serum albumin, and then blocked with 1% (w/v) bovine serum albumin in PBS for 1 hour. ab19534 was used at 5µg/ml for 2 hours at room temperature. After washing with PBS, cells were incubated with Alexa 488-conjugated anti-mouse IgG at a 1/200 dilution.
ab19534 at a 1/250 dilution detecting Glutathione in human monocytes by Flow Cytometry. An Alexa-Fluor 488 conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) secondary was used at a 1/500 dilution.
ab19534 staining Glutathione in cultured murine RAW 264.7 cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilized using 0.1% Triton-X100 in 2% BSA for 15 minutes, blocked with 2% BSA for 1 hour at 22°C and then incubated with ab19534 at a 1/150 dilution for 16 hours at 4°C. The secondary used was an Alexa-Fluor 488 conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution.
ab19534 staining glutathione in A549 cells treated with apocynin (ab120615), by ICC/IF. Increase in glutathione expression correlates with increased concentration of apocynin, as described in literature.
The cells were incubated at 37°C for 24h in media containing different concentrations of ab120615 (apocynin) in DMSO, fixed with 4% formaldehyde for 10 minutes at room temperature and blocked with PBS containing 10% goat serum, 0.3 M glycine, 1% BSA and 0.1% tween for 2h at room temperature. Staining of the treated cells with ab19534 (10 µg/ml) was performed overnight at 4øC in PBS containing 1% BSA and 0.1% tween. A DyLight 488 goat anti-mouse polyclonal antibody (ab96879) at 1/250 dilution was used as the secondary antibody.
References for Anti-Glutathione antibody [D8] (ab19534)
This product has been referenced in:
- Sun R et al. Oxidative stress induced S-glutathionylation and proteolytic degradation of mitochondrial thymidine kinase 2. J Biol Chem 287:24304-12 (2012). WB . Read more (PubMed: 22661713) »
- Adams DJ et al. Synthesis, cellular evaluation, and mechanism of action of piperlongumine analogs. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:15115-20 (2012). ICC/IF . Read more (PubMed: 22949699) »