Anti-Glycophorin A antibody [EPR8200] (ab129024)
- Product nameAnti-Glycophorin A antibody [EPR8200]See all Glycophorin A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8200] to Glycophorin A
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, ICC, Flow Cyt more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human Glycophorin A
- Positive control
- Fetal liver lysate, Human lung tissue, Human spleen tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Dissociation constant (KD) KD = 2.38 x 10 -10 M Learn more about KD
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR8200
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab129024 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa).|
|IP||IP: 1/10 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/250.|
|Flow Cyt||Flow Cyt: 1/100.|
- FunctionGlycophorin A is the major intrinsic membrane protein of the erythrocyte. The N-terminal glycosylated segment, which lies outside the erythrocyte membrane, has MN blood group receptors. Appears to be important for the function of SLC4A1 and is required for high activity of SLC4A1. May be involved in translocation of SLC4A1 to the plasma membrane. Is a receptor for influenza virus. Is a receptor for Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte-binding antigen 175 (EBA-175); binding of EBA-175 is dependent on sialic acid residues of the O-linked glycans. Appears to be a receptor for Hepatitis A virus (HAV).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycophorin A family.
modificationsThe major O-linked glycan are NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-[NeuAc-alpha-(2-6)]-GalNacOH (about 78 %) and NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-GalNAcOH (17 %). Minor O-glycans (5 %) include NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-[NeuAc-alpha-(2-6)]-GalNAcOH NeuAc-alpha-(2-8)-NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-GalNAcOH. About 1% of all O-linked glycans carry blood group A, B and H determinants. They derive from a type-2 precursor core structure, Gal-beta-(1,3)-GlcNAc-beta-1-R, and the antigens are synthesized by addition of fucose (H antigen-specific) and then N-acetylgalactosamine (A antigen-specific) or galactose (B antigen-specific). Specifically O-linked-glycans are NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-GalNAcOH-(6-1)-GlcNAc-beta-(4-1)-[Fuc-alpha-(1-2)]-Gal-beta-(3-1)-GalNAc-alpha (about 1%, B antigen-specific) and NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-GalNAcOH-(6-1)-GlcNAc-beta-(4-1)-[Fuc-alpha-(1-2)]-Gal-beta (1 %, O antigen-, A antigen- and B antigen-specific).
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Appears to be colocalized with SLC4A1.
- AI853584 antibody
- Blood group--MN locus antibody
- CD_antigen=CD235a antibody
- CD235a antibody
- GLPA_HUMAN antibody
- Glycophorin A (MNS blood group) antibody
- Glycophorin A antibody
- Glycophorin A, included antibody
- Glycophorin-A antibody
- GlycophorinA antibody
- GPA antibody
- GPErik antibody
- GpMiIII antibody
- GPSAT antibody
- GYPA antibody
- GYPA, included antibody
- HGpMiIII antibody
- HGpMiV antibody
- HGpMiX antibody
- HGpMiXI antibody
- HGpSta(C) antibody
- MN antibody
- MN sialoglycoprotein antibody
- MNS antibody
- PAS-2 antibody
- PAS2 antibody
- Sialoglycoprotein alpha antibody
Anti-Glycophorin A antibody [EPR8200] images
Overlay histogram showing K562 cells stained with ab129024 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab129024, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Anti-Glycophorin A antibody [EPR8200] (ab129024) at 1/1000 dilution + Fetal liver lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size : 16 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab129024, at 1/100 dilution staining Glycophorin A in formalin fixed paraffin embedded Human lung tissue by immunohistochemistry.
ab129024, at 1/100 dilution staining Glycophorin A in formalin fixed paraffin embedded Human spleen tissue by immunohistochemistry.
ab129024 showing positive staining in Thyroid gland erythrocytes tissue.
ab129024 showing negative staining in Normal brain tissue.
ab129024 showing positive staining in Normal colon erythrocytes tissue.
ab129024 showing positive staining in Normal kidney erythrocytes tissue.
ab129024 showing positive staining in Normal placenta erythrocytes tissue.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
References for Anti-Glycophorin A antibody [EPR8200] (ab129024)
ab129024 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.