Anti-Glycophorin A antibody [EPR8200] (ab129024)
- Product nameAnti-Glycophorin A antibody [EPR8200]See all Glycophorin A primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR8200] to Glycophorin A
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, ICC more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic peptide corresponding to residues in Human Glycophorin A
- Positive controlFetal liver lysate, Human lung tissue, Human spleen tissue.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Dissociation constant (Kd) Kd = 2.38 x 10-10 M
- Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR8200
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab129024 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 16 kDa).|
|IP||IP: 1/10 - 1/100.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC||ICC: 1/100 - 1/250.|
- FunctionGlycophorin A is the major intrinsic membrane protein of the erythrocyte. The N-terminal glycosylated segment, which lies outside the erythrocyte membrane, has MN blood group receptors. Appears to be important for the function of SLC4A1 and is required for high activity of SLC4A1. May be involved in translocation of SLC4A1 to the plasma membrane. Is a receptor for influenza virus. Is a receptor for Plasmodium falciparum erythrocyte-binding antigen 175 (EBA-175); binding of EBA-175 is dependent on sialic acid residues of the O-linked glycans. Appears to be a receptor for Hepatitis A virus (HAV).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the glycophorin A family.
modificationsThe major O-linked glycan are NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-[NeuAc-alpha-(2-6)]-GalNacOH (about 78 %) and NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-GalNAcOH (17 %). Minor O-glycans (5 %) include NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-[NeuAc-alpha-(2-6)]-GalNAcOH NeuAc-alpha-(2-8)-NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-GalNAcOH. About 1% of all O-linked glycans carry blood group A, B and H determinants. They derive from a type-2 precursor core structure, Gal-beta-(1,3)-GlcNAc-beta-1-R, and the antigens are synthesized by addition of fucose (H antigen-specific) and then N-acetylgalactosamine (A antigen-specific) or galactose (B antigen-specific). Specifically O-linked-glycans are NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-GalNAcOH-(6-1)-GlcNAc-beta-(4-1)-[Fuc-alpha-(1-2)]-Gal-beta-(3-1)-GalNAc-alpha (about 1%, B antigen-specific) and NeuAc-alpha-(2-3)-Gal-beta-(1-3)-GalNAcOH-(6-1)-GlcNAc-beta-(4-1)-[Fuc-alpha-(1-2)]-Gal-beta (1 %, O antigen-, A antigen- and B antigen-specific).
- Cellular localizationCell membrane. Appears to be colocalized with SLC4A1.
- AI853584 antibodyBlood group--MN locus antibodyCD_antigen=CD235a antibody
- CD235a antibodyGLPA_HUMAN antibodyGlycophorin A (MNS blood group) antibodyGlycophorin A antibodyGlycophorin A, included antibodyGlycophorin-A antibodyGlycophorinA antibodyGPA antibodyGPErik antibodyGpMiIII antibodyGPSAT antibodyGYPA antibodyGYPA, included antibodyHGpMiIII antibodyHGpMiV antibodyHGpMiX antibodyHGpMiXI antibodyHGpSta(C) antibodyMN antibodyMN sialoglycoprotein antibodyMNS antibodyPAS-2 antibodyPAS2 antibodySialoglycoprotein alpha antibody
Anti-Glycophorin A antibody [EPR8200] images
Anti-Glycophorin A antibody [EPR8200] (ab129024) at 1/1000 dilution + Fetal liver lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size : 16 kDa
Observed band size : 38 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab129024, at 1/100 dilution staining Glycophorin A in formalin fixed paraffin embedded Human lung tissue by immunohistochemistry.
ab129024, at 1/100 dilution staining Glycophorin A in formalin fixed paraffin embedded Human spleen tissue by immunohistochemistry.
ab129024 showing positive staining in Thyroid gland erythrocytes tissue.
ab129024 showing negative staining in Normal brain tissue.
ab129024 showing positive staining in Normal colon erythrocytes tissue.
ab129024 showing positive staining in Normal kidney erythrocytes tissue.
ab129024 showing positive staining in Normal placenta erythrocytes tissue.
Equilibrium disassociation constant (KD)
Learn more about KD
Click here to learn more about KD
References for Anti-Glycophorin A antibody [EPR8200] (ab129024)
ab129024 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.