Growth Hormone Human ELISA Kit (ab108643)
- Product nameGrowth Hormone Human ELISA KitSee all Human Growth Hormone kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeSerum
- Assay typeSandwich (quantitative)
- Sensitivity= 0.5 ng/ml
- Range0.5 ng/ml - 50 ng/ml
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
ab108643 Human Growth Hormone Human ELISA Kit is intended for the quantitative determination of the Human Growth Hormone (HGH) concentration in human serum.
Human Growth Hormone (HGH, somatotropin) is a polypeptide secreted by the anterior pituitary. It is 191 amino acids in length and has a molecular mass of approximately 22,000 daltons. Its metabolic effects are primarily anabolic. Human Growth Hormone promotes protein conservation and is engaged in a wide range of mechanisms for protein synthesis. It also enhances glucose transport and facilitates glycogen storage. Its cascade of growth-promoting action is mediated by another family of peptide hormones, the somatomedins. Human Growth Hormone measurement is primarily of interest in the diagnosis and treatment of various forms of abnormal growth hormone secretion. Disorders caused by hyposecretion include dwarfism and unattained growth potential, and hypersecretion is associated with gigantism and acromegaly.
- Tested applicationsELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Enzyme Conjugate Reagent 1 x 12ml Human growth hormone standard set 6 x 1ml Sheep Anti-Human Growth Hormone-Coated microtiter plate 1 x 96 tests Stop Solution 1 x 12ml TMB Substrate Solution 1 x 11ml
- Research Areas
- FunctionPlays an important role in growth control. Its major role in stimulating body growth is to stimulate the liver and other tissues to secrete IGF-1. It stimulates both the differentiation and proliferation of myoblasts. It also stimulates amino acid uptake and protein synthesis in muscle and other tissues.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in GH1 are a cause of growth hormone deficiency isolated type 1A (IGHD1A) [MIM:262400]; also known as pituitary dwarfism I. IGHD1A is an autosomal recessive deficiency of GH which causes short stature. IGHD1A patients have an absence of GH with severe dwarfism and often develop anti-GH antibodies when given exogenous GH.
Defects in GH1 are a cause of growth hormone deficiency isolated type 1B (IGHD1B) [MIM:612781]; also known as dwarfism of Sindh. IGHD1B is an autosomal recessive deficiency of GH which causes short stature. IGHD1B patients have low but detectable levels of GH. Dwarfism is less severe than in IGHD1A and patients usually respond well to exogenous GH.
Defects in GH1 are the cause of Kowarski syndrome (KWKS) [MIM:262650]; also known as pituitary dwarfism VI.
Defects in GH1 are a cause of growth hormone deficiency isolated type 2 (IGHD2) [MIM:173100]. IGHD2 is an autosomal dominant deficiency of GH which causes short stature. Clinical severity is variable. Patients have a positive response and immunologic tolerance to growth hormone therapy.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the somatotropin/prolactin family.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Growth hormone
- Growth hormone 1
- Pituitary growth hormone
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108643 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Growth Hormone Human ELISA Kit (ab108643)
ab108643 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.