Anti-HDAC1 antibody [HDAC1-21] (ab12168)
- Product nameAnti-HDAC1 antibody [HDAC1-21]See all HDAC1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [HDAC1-21] to HDAC1
- Tested applicationsELISA, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat
Synthetic peptide: KEEKPEAKGVKEEVKLA, corresponding to amino acids 466-482 of Human HDAC1.
- Positive controlHeLa cell whole cell lysate.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberHDAC1-21
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12168 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||ELISA: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 2 - 4 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 65 kDa.|
- FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Deacetylates SP proteins, SP1 and SP3, and regulates their function. Component of the BRG1-RB1-HDAC1 complex, which negatively regulates the CREST-mediated transcription in resting neurons. Upon calcium stimulation, HDAC1 is released from the complex and CREBBP is recruited, which facilitates transcriptional activation. Deacetylates TSHZ3 and regulates its transcriptional repressor activity. Deacetylates 'Lys-310' in RELA and thereby inhibits the transcriptional activity of NF-kappa-B.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with higher levels in heart, pancreas and testis, and lower levels in kidney and brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsSumoylated on Lys-444 and Lys-476; which promotes enzymatic activity. Desumoylated by SENP1.
Phosphorylation on Ser-421 and Ser-423 promotes enzymatic activity and interactions with NuRD and SIN3 complexes.
Ubiquitinated by CHFR, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DKFZp686H12203 antibodyGON 10 antibodyHD 1 antibody
- HD1 antibodyHDAC 1 antibodyHDAC1 antibodyhdac1: histone deacetylase 1 antibodyhdac1: histone deacetylase 1 antibodyHDAC1_HUMAN antibodyHistone deacetylase 1 (HD1) antibodyHistone deacetylase 1 antibodyReduced potassium dependency yeast homolog like 1 antibodyRPD3 (reduced potassium dependency yeast homolog) like 1 antibodyRPD3 (reduced potassium dependency) antibodyRPD3 (reduced potassium dependency) antibodyRPD3 antibodyRPD3L1 antibody
References for Anti-HDAC1 antibody [HDAC1-21] (ab12168)
This product has been referenced in:
- Wang AG et al. Hepatic steatosis in transgenic mice overexpressing human histone deacetylase 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 330:461-6 (2005). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 15796905) »