Anti-HDAC1 antibody (ab33278)
- Product nameAnti-HDAC1 antibodySee all HDAC1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC1
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, WB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Xenopus laevis, Zebrafish
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Chicken, Cow
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 50 - 150 of Zebrafish HDAC1.
(Peptide available as ab41405.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the HeLa, HEK293 and MCF7 whole cell lysates as well as Zebrafish Embryo Extract.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab33278 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 0.06 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 56 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).Can be blocked with HDAC1 peptide (ab41405) or HDAC1 peptide (ab41406).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
- FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Deacetylates SP proteins, SP1 and SP3, and regulates their function. Component of the BRG1-RB1-HDAC1 complex, which negatively regulates the CREST-mediated transcription in resting neurons. Upon calcium stimulation, HDAC1 is released from the complex and CREBBP is recruited, which facilitates transcriptional activation. Deacetylates TSHZ3 and regulates its transcriptional repressor activity. Deacetylates 'Lys-310' in RELA and thereby inhibits the transcriptional activity of NF-kappa-B.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with higher levels in heart, pancreas and testis, and lower levels in kidney and brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsSumoylated on Lys-444 and Lys-476; which promotes enzymatic activity. Desumoylated by SENP1.
Phosphorylation on Ser-421 and Ser-423 promotes enzymatic activity and interactions with NuRD and SIN3 complexes.
Ubiquitinated by CHFR, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 404126 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 3065 Human
- Entrez Gene: 433759 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 297893 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 192302 Zebrafish
- Omim: 601241 Human
- SwissProt: Q32PJ8 Cow
- SwissProt: Q13547 Human
- SwissProt: O09106 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q4QQW4 Rat
- Unigene: 88556 Human
- Unigene: 202504 Mouse
- Unigene: 391033 Mouse
- Unigene: 1863 Rat
- DKFZp686H12203 antibodyGON 10 antibodyHD 1 antibody
- HD1 antibodyHDAC 1 antibodyHDAC1 antibodyhdac1: histone deacetylase 1 antibodyHDAC1_HUMAN antibodyHistone deacetylase 1 (HD1) antibodyHistone deacetylase 1 antibodyReduced potassium dependency yeast homolog like 1 antibodyRPD3 (reduced potassium dependency yeast homolog) like 1 antibodyRPD3 (reduced potassium dependency) antibodyRPD3 antibodyRPD3L1 antibody
Anti-HDAC1 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-HDAC1 antibody (ab33278) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : HEK293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Zebrafish Embryo Extract
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Exposure time : 1 minute
Anti-HDAC1 antibody (ab33278) at 0.06 µg/ml + whole embryo zebrafish tissue at 45 µg
whole embryo zebrafish tissue lysate at 1/5000 dilution
Predicted band size : 56 kDa
Observed band size : 56 kDa
Additional bands at : 32 kDa (possible cross reactivity),37 kDa (possible cross reactivity).
ICC/IF image of ab33278 stained human MCF7 cells. The cells were methanol fixed (5 min), permabilised in 0.1% PBS-Tween (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab33278, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue). This antibody also gave a positive IF result in HeLa, HEK 293 and HepG2 cells.
Immunohistochemistical detection of HDAC1 using antibody ab33278 on PFA perfusion fixed frozen rat heart sections. Primary antibody Dilution 1/300, Incubated for 18 hours @ 20°C in PBS + 0.3 % Triton X100. Secondary antibody: Goat anti-rabbit Alexa Fluor 488 (1/1000). The antibody produced some staining in the cytoplasm and what seems to be the nucleus of muscle cells in rat heart tissue. The tissues were fixed (animals perfused fixed) with 4% PFA and later postfixed overnight in the same fixative. They were cryoprotected in 30% sucrose and cut using a cryostat.
References for Anti-HDAC1 antibody (ab33278)
ab33278 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.