Anti-HDAC1 (phospho S421) antibody (ab63384)
- Product nameAnti-HDAC1 (phospho S421) antibodySee all HDAC1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC1 (phospho S421)
- SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of HDAC1 only when phosphorylated at serine 421.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, ELISA more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide (Human) from around the phosphoryation site of serine 421 (EFSPDS)
- Positive controlJurkat cell lysate treated with EGF
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS (without Mg2+ and Ca2+), 150mM Sodium chloride, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab63384 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Deacetylates SP proteins, SP1 and SP3, and regulates their function. Component of the BRG1-RB1-HDAC1 complex, which negatively regulates the CREST-mediated transcription in resting neurons. Upon calcium stimulation, HDAC1 is released from the complex and CREBBP is recruited, which facilitates transcriptional activation. Deacetylates TSHZ3 and regulates its transcriptional repressor activity. Deacetylates 'Lys-310' in RELA and thereby inhibits the transcriptional activity of NF-kappa-B.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with higher levels in heart, pancreas and testis, and lower levels in kidney and brain.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsSumoylated on Lys-444 and Lys-476; which promotes enzymatic activity. Desumoylated by SENP1.
Phosphorylation on Ser-421 and Ser-423 promotes enzymatic activity and interactions with NuRD and SIN3 complexes.
Ubiquitinated by CHFR, leading to its degradation by the proteasome.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- DKFZp686H12203 antibodyGON 10 antibodyHD 1 antibody
- HD1 antibodyHDAC 1 antibodyHDAC1 antibodyhdac1: histone deacetylase 1 antibodyHDAC1_HUMAN antibodyHistone deacetylase 1 (HD1) antibodyHistone deacetylase 1 antibodyReduced potassium dependency yeast homolog like 1 antibodyRPD3 (reduced potassium dependency yeast homolog) like 1 antibodyRPD3 (reduced potassium dependency) antibodyRPD3 antibodyRPD3L1 antibody
Anti-HDAC1 (phospho S421) antibody images
All lanes : Anti-HDAC1 (phospho S421) antibody (ab63384) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell extract treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30 mins)
Lane 2 : Jurkat cell extract treated with EGF (200ng/ml, 30 mins) with immunising phosphopeptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
Observed band size : 55 kDa
References for Anti-HDAC1 (phospho S421) antibody (ab63384)
This product has been referenced in:
- Evankovich J et al. High Mobility Group Box 1 Release from Hepatocytes during Ischemia and Reperfusion Injury Is Mediated by Decreased Histone Deacetylase Activity. J Biol Chem 285:39888-97 (2010). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 20937823) »