Anti-HDAC2 antibody [EPR5001] (ab124974)
- Product nameAnti-HDAC2 antibody [EPR5001]See all HDAC2 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR5001] to HDAC2
- Tested applicationsWB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to residues on the N-terminus in Human HDAC2 protein (Q92769).
- Positive controlHeLa, SH-SY5Y, Jurkat, and A431 cell lysates.
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberEPR5001
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab124974 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/10000 - 1/50000. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.|
|IP||IP: 1/10 - 1/100.|
- FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes.
Forms transcriptional repressor complexes by associating with MAD, SIN3, YY1 and N-COR. Interacts in the late S-phase of DNA-replication with DNMT1 in the other transcriptional repressor complex composed of DNMT1, DMAP1, PCNA, CAF1. Deacetylates TSHZ3 and regulates its transcriptional repressor activity.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed; lower levels in brain and lung.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsS-nitrosylated by GAPDH. In neurons, S-Nitrosylation at Cys-262 and Cys-274 does not affect the enzyme activity but abolishes chromatin-binding, leading to increases acetylation of histones and activate genes that are associated with neuronal development. In embryonic cortical neurons, S-Nitrosylation regulates dendritic growth and branching.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- D10Wsu179e antibodyHD 2 antibodyHD2 antibody
- HDAC 2 antibodyHdac2 antibodyHDAC2_HUMAN antibodyHistone deacetylase 2 (HD2) antibodyHistone deacetylase 2 antibodyOTTHUMP00000017046 antibodyOTTHUMP00000227077 antibodyOTTHUMP00000227078 antibodyRPD3 antibodytranscriptional regulator homolog RPD3 antibodyYAF1 antibodyYY1 associated factor 1 antibodyYY1 transcription factor binding protein antibodyYy1bp antibody
Anti-HDAC2 antibody [EPR5001] images
All lanes : Anti-HDAC2 antibody [EPR5001] (ab124974) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : SH-SY5Y cell lysate
Lane 3 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 4 : A431 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Predicted band size : 55 kDa
References for Anti-HDAC2 antibody [EPR5001] (ab124974)
ab124974 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.