Anti-HDAC3 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab7030)
- Product nameAnti-HDAC3 antibody - ChIP GradeSee all HDAC3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC3 - ChIP Grade
- SpecificityAnti-Histone Deacetylase 3 specifically recognizes histone deacetylase 3 by immunoblotting and immunoprecipitation (50 kD).
- Tested applicationsWB, IP, IHC-P, Dot Blot, ChIP, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide: C-NEFYDGDHDNDKESDVEI conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 411-428 of Human HDAC3.
- EpitopeThe epitope recognized by the antibody is resistant to routine formalin-fixation and paraffin-embedding.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage buffer0.01M PBS pH7.4, 15mM Na azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Purification notesWhole antiserum is fractionated and further purified by anion-exchange chromatography to provide the IgG fraction of antiserum that is essentially free of other rabbit serum proteins.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7030 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 49 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).|
|Dot Blot||Dot: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|ChIP||ChIP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Use 2µl for 2 x 106 cells.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
- FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Probably participates in the regulation of transcription through its binding to the zinc-finger transcription factor YY1; increases YY1 repression activity. Required to repress transcription of the POU1F1 transcription factor. Acts as a molecular chaperone for shuttling phosphorylated NR2C1 to PML bodies for sumoylation.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsSumoylated in vitro.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- HD 3 antibody
- HD3 antibody
- HDAC 3 antibody
- HDAC3 antibody
- HDAC3_HUMAN antibody
- Histone deacetylase 3 (HD3) (RPD3-2) antibody
- histone deacetylase 3 antibody
- RPD 3 antibody
- RPD3 2 antibody
- RPD3 antibody
- RPD3-2 antibody
- SMAP 45 antibody
- SMAP45 antibody
Anti-HDAC3 antibody - ChIP Grade images
Sonicated Chromatin prepared from untreated (UI) or 17beta-estradiol (E2) treated MCF7 cells was subjected to the ChIP procedure with ab7030 to HDAC3 and the immunoprecipitated chromatin was analysed in the proximal region of the estrogen-responsive pS2 promoter (as shown above) and quantified by real-time PCR (values are nomalized over inputs). The primers are designed to follow the nucleosome E (including the Estrogen Responsive Element ERE). 2
µl of ab7030 and 2x106 cells were used in each ChIP experiment.
Cells were fixed with 4% formaldehyde in PEM buffer. The coverslip was incubated in blocking buffer of 5% powdered milk in TBS-T plus 0.02% sodium azide for 1 hour at room temperature. Blocking buffer was removed and primary antibody was added at a dilution of 1/5000 and incubated overnight at 4 degrees celsius. The coverslips were then washed 4-5 times with blocking buffer for 5 minutes. Secondary antibody, goat anti-rabbit Alexa 594, was added at a dilution of 1/1000 and incubated at room temperature for one hour. From this point on coverslips were covered with foil to protect them from light. They were washed 5 times with TBS-T and then one time with PEM, for 5 minutes each wash. The coverslips were fixed 10-30 minutes in 4% formaldehyde in PEM buffer, then washed 3 times with PEM buffer for 5 minutes. 0.1M ammonium chloride in PEM buffer was added for 10 minutes to quench auto-florescence, and then slips were washed 2 times for 5 minutes in PEM followed by 3 washes for 5 minutes in TBS-T. Coverslips were then counterstained with DAPI in TBS-T for 1-2 minutes, TBS-T was then added and the coverslips mounted. Red indicates staining by ab7030, blue by DAPI. A small amount of cytoplasmic staining was seen with ab7030.
All lanes : Anti-HDAC3 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab7030) at 1/10000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from human HEK293 cell line
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from human HEK293 cell line treated with HDAC3 gene silencing shRNA
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit Ig at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 49 kDa
Exposure time : 10 seconds
This image is courtesy of an anonymous Abreview
References for Anti-HDAC3 antibody - ChIP Grade (ab7030)
This product has been referenced in:
- Duncan CE et al. Histone deacetylase-3 interacts with ataxin-7 and is altered in a spinocerebellar ataxia type 7 mouse model. Mol Neurodegener 8:42 (2013). WB, IHC-P ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 24160175) »
- Bahari-Javan S et al. HDAC1 regulates fear extinction in mice. J Neurosci 32:5062-73 (2012). ChIP . Read more (PubMed: 22496552) »