Anti-HDAC4 antibody (ab12172)
- Product nameAnti-HDAC4 antibodySee all HDAC4 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC4
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP, IHC-P, Electron Microscopy more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human
Predicted to work with: Chicken
Synthetic peptide: MSSQSHPDGLSGRDQPVEL, corresponding to amino acids 1-19 of Human HDAC4 conjugated to KLH with C-terminal added lysine. The corresponding sequence is identical in mouse and chicken.
- Positive control
- Whole extracts of rat brain, whole extracts of mouse NIH-3T3 cell (Western blotting) and HeLa nuclei (immunoprecipitation).
- General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 15mM Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, 0.01M PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Purification notesThe antibody is affinity-purified using the immunizing peptide immobilized on agarose.
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab12172 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 140 kDa. Additional weak bands may be detected when blotting using different extract preparations.|
|IP||IP: Use at an assay dependent concentration. 10-20 µg of antibody immunoprecipitates HDAC4 from a RIPA extract of HeLa nuclei from 1 x 107 cells.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21953612|
|Electron Microscopy||EM: Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 18250163|
- FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Involved in muscle maturation via its interaction with the myocyte enhancer factors such as MEF2A, MEF2C and MEF2D.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in HDAC4 are the cause of brachydactyly-mental retardation syndrome (BDMR) [MIM:600430]. A syndrome resembling the physical anomalies found in Albright hereditary osteodystrophy. Common features are mild facial dysmorphism, congenital heart defects, distinct brachydactyly type E, mental retardation, developmental delay, seizures, autism spectrum disorder, and stocky build. Soft tissue ossification is absent, and there are no abnormalities in parathyroid hormone or calcium metabolism.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 2 subfamily.
- DomainThe nuclear export sequence mediates the shuttling between the nucleus and the cytoplasm.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CaMK4 at Ser-246, Ser-467 and Ser-632. Phosphorylation at other residues is required for the interaction with 14-3-3.
Sumoylation on Lys-559 is promoted by the E3 SUMO-protein ligase RANBP2, and prevented by phosphorylation by CaMK4.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. Upon muscle cells differentiation, it accumulates in the nuclei of myotubes, suggesting a positive role of nuclear HDAC4 in muscle differentiation. The export to cytoplasm depends on the interaction with a 14-3-3 chaperone protein and is due to its phosphorylation at Ser-246, Ser-467 and Ser-632 by CaMK4. The nuclear localization probably depends on sumoylation.
- EC 220.127.116.11 antibody
- HA6116 antibody
- HD 4 antibody
- HD4 antibody
- HDAC 4 antibody
- HDAC A antibody
- HDAC4 antibody
- HDAC4_HUMAN antibody
- HDACA antibody
- Histone Deacetylase 4 antibody
- Histone Deacetylase A antibody
- KIAA0288 antibody
Anti-HDAC4 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-HDAC4 antibody (ab12172) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Lysate from wt control mouse heart tissue
Lane 2 : Lysate from Gq TG mouse heart tissue
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
HRP conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG polyclonal at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Predicted band size : 140 kDa
Observed band size : 140 kDa
Exposure time : 2 minutes
Image courtesy of an anonymous Abreview.
References for Anti-HDAC4 antibody (ab12172)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lenoir O et al. Specific control of pancreatic endocrine ß- and d-cell mass by class IIa histone deacetylases HDAC4, HDAC5, and HDAC9. Diabetes 60:2861-71 (2011). IHC-P ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 21953612) »
- Gupta MP et al. HDAC4 and PCAF Bind to Cardiac Sarcomeres and Play a Role in Regulating Myofilament Contractile Activity. J Biol Chem 283:10135-46 (2008). WB, ICC/IF, Electron Microscopy ; Mouse, Rat, Rabbit . Read more (PubMed: 18250163) »