Anti-HDAC5 antibody (ab1439)
- Product nameAnti-HDAC5 antibodySee all HDAC5 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC5
- SpecificityThe antibody detects ~124 kDa histone deacetylase 5. It does not cross-react with other HDAC proteins including HDAC1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, and 8.
- Tested applicationsIHC-FoFr, IHC-P, IP, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human HDAC5.
- EpitopeThe immunogen was a synthetic peptide surrounding amino acid 575 of human HDAC-5
- Positive control
- HeLa or COS cell lysate
- General notesSome tissues may not express the HDAC-4 and 5 protein or it is expressed at extremely low amount. HDAC-1,2,3,6,7 are usually much more abundant (could be ~100X more) than HDAC-4 & 5. We would strongly suggest using positive control (HeLa lysate).
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS pH7.2 with 50% glycerol, 1% BSA and 0.02% sodium azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab1439 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-FoFr||IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. PubMed: 19939859|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|IP||IP: Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 121.9 kDa.
HDAC-5 is in very low abundance (~100X lower) in comparison to other HDACs (e.g., HDAC-1, 2, 6, or 7, etc.). For certain tissue and cells, it can be very difficult to detect due to the low abundance, we recommend to try to use strong lysis buffers (containing NP40),load more protein and use more antibody.
- FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. Involved in muscle maturation by repressing transcription of myocyte enhancer MEF2C. During muscle differentiation, it shuttles into the cytoplasm, allowing the expression of myocyte enhancer factors.
- Tissue specificityUbiquitous.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 2 subfamily.
- DomainThe nuclear export sequence mediates the shuttling between the nucleus and the cytoplasm.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CaMK at Ser-259 and Ser-498. The phosphorylation is required for the export to the cytoplasm. Phosphorylated by the PKC kinases PKN1 and PKN2, impairing nuclear import.
Ubiquitinated. Polyubiquitination however does not lead to its degradation.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm. In muscle cells, it shuttles into the cytoplasm during myocyte differentiation. The export to cytoplasm depends on the interaction with a 14-3-3 chaperone protein and is due to its phosphorylation at Ser-259 and Ser-498 by CaMK.
- Antigen NY CO 9 antibody
- Antigen NY-CO-9 antibody
- FLJ90614 antibody
- HD 5 antibody
- HD5 antibody
- HDAC 5 antibody
- HDAC5 antibody
- HDAC5_HUMAN antibody
- Histone deacetylase 5 antibody
- KIAA0600 antibody
- NY CO 9 antibody
Anti-HDAC5 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-HDAC5 antibody (ab1439) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Rat hippocampus cell lysate
Lane 2 : Rat hippocampus cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
Polyclonal anti-rabbit IgG HRP conjugate at 1/2000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 121.9 kDa
Exposure time : 10 minutes
This image is courtesy of an Abreview submitted by Seungyeon Ko
All lanes : Anti-HDAC5 antibody (ab1439)
Lane 1 : Cell lysate prepared from HeLa cells
Lane 2 : Cell lysate prepared from HepG2 cells
Predicted band size : 121.9 kDa
Observed band size : 124 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Western blot analysis of HDAC5 in HeLa (Lane1) and HepG2 (Lane2) cell lysates. A band of approximately 124 KDa can be detected.
References for Anti-HDAC5 antibody (ab1439)
This product has been referenced in:
- Host L et al. Cocaine self-administration alters the expression of chromatin-remodelling proteins; modulation by histone deacetylase inhibition. J Psychopharmacol 25:222-9 (2011). IHC-FoFr ; Rat . Read more (PubMed: 19939859) »
- Mielcarek M et al. SAHA Decreases HDAC 2 and 4 Levels In Vivo and Improves Molecular Phenotypes in the R6/2 Mouse Model of Huntington's Disease. PLoS One 6:e27746 (2011). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 22140466) »