Anti-HDAC8 antibody (ab23658)
- Product nameAnti-HDAC8 antibodySee all HDAC8 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HDAC8
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 350 to the C-terminus of Human HDAC8.
(Peptide available as ab27458.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in the following whole cell lysates: HeLa; Jurkat; A431.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab23658 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).Can be blocked with HDAC8 peptide (ab27458).|
- FunctionResponsible for the deacetylation of lysine residues on the N-terminal part of the core histones (H2A, H2B, H3 and H4). Histone deacetylation gives a tag for epigenetic repression and plays an important role in transcriptional regulation, cell cycle progression and developmental events. Histone deacetylases act via the formation of large multiprotein complexes. May play a role in smooth muscle cell contractility.
- Tissue specificityWeakly expressed in most tissues. Expressed at higher level in heart, brain, kidney and pancreas and also in liver, lung, placenta, prostate and kidney.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone deacetylase family. HD type 1 subfamily.
modificationsPhosphorylated by PKA on serine 39. Phosphorylation reduces deacetylase activity observed preferentially on histones H3 and H4.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm. Excluded from the nucleoli. Found in the cytoplasm of cells showing smooth muscle differentiation.
- CDA07 antibodyHD 8 antibodyHD8 antibody
- HDAC 8 antibodyHdac8 antibodyHDAC8_HUMAN antibodyHDACL 1 antibodyHDACL1 antibodyHDACL1 antibodyHistone deacetylase 8 antibodyHistone deacetylase 8 antibodyHistone deacetylase like 1 antibodyRPD 3 antibodyRPD3 antibodyRPD3 antibody
Anti-HDAC8 antibody images
All lanes : Anti-HDAC8 antibody (ab23658) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 :
Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7899)
Lane 3 :
A431 (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7909)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) Pre-Adsorbed at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 41 kDa
Observed band size : 41 kDa
Additional bands at : 62 kDa (possible non-specific binding),74 kDa (possible non-specific binding).
References for Anti-HDAC8 antibody (ab23658)
ab23658 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.