Anti-HSD11B1 antibody (ab84273)
- Product nameAnti-HSD11B1 antibodySee all HSD11B1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to HSD11B1
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 250 to the C-terminus of Human HSD11B1.
- Positive control
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Human liver tissue lysate.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84273 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa).|
- FunctionCatalyzes reversibly the conversion of cortisol to the inactive metabolite cortisone. Catalyzes reversibly the conversion of 7-ketocholesterol to 7-beta-hydroxycholesterol. In intact cells, the reaction runs only in one direction, from 7-ketocholesterol to 7-beta-hydroxycholesterol.
- Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Highest expression in liver.
- Involvement in diseaseDefects in HSD11B1 are a cause of cortisone reductase deficiency (CRD) [MIM:604931]. In CRD, activation of cortisone to cortisol does not occur, resulting in adrenocorticotropin-mediated androgen excess and a phenotype resembling polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS).
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the short-chain dehydrogenases/reductases (SDR) family.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- 11 beta HSD 1 antibody
- 11 beta HSD1 antibody
- 11 beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 antibody
- 11 DH antibody
- 11-beta hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase, type 1 antibody
- 11-beta-HSD1 antibody
- 11-beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase 1 antibody
- 11-DH antibody
- 11DH antibody
- Corticosteroid 11 beta dehydrogenase isozyme 1 antibody
- Corticosteroid 11-beta-dehydrogenase isozyme 1 antibody
- CORTRD2 antibody
- DHI1_HUMAN antibody
- HDL antibody
- HSD 11 antibody
- HSD11 antibody
- HSD11B antibody
- HSD11B1 antibody
- HSD11L antibody
- Hydroxysteroid (11 beta) dehydrogenase antibody
- Hydroxysteroid (11 beta) dehydrogenase 1 antibody
- MGC13539 antibody
- SDR26C1 antibody
- short chain dehydrogenase/reductase family 26C, member 1 antibody
Anti-HSD11B1 antibody images
Anti-HSD11B1 antibody (ab84273) at 1 µg/ml +
Liver (Human) Tissue Lysate - adult normal tissue (ab29889) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 32 kDa
Observed band size : 35 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 47 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
References for Anti-HSD11B1 antibody (ab84273)
ab84273 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.