Anti-HSF1 antibody [4B4] (ab44819)
- Product nameAnti-HSF1 antibody [4B4]See all HSF1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [4B4] to HSF1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 1-503 of Mouse HSF1
- EpitopeAmino acids 425-439 of mouse HSF1
- Positive controlLS174T or MAD109 cells
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.01% PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number4B4
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab44819 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/200. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
- FunctionDNA-binding protein that specifically binds heat shock promoter elements (HSE) and activates transcription. In higher eukaryotes, HSF is unable to bind to the HSE unless the cells are heat shocked.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the HSF family.
- Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsPhosphorylated on multiple serine residues, a subset of which are involved in stress-related regulation of transcription activation. Constitutive phosphorylation represses transcriptional activity at normal temperatures. Levels increase on specific residues heat-shock and enhance HSF1 transactivation activity. Phosphorylation on Ser-307 derepresses activation on heat-stress and in combination with Ser-303 phosphorylation appears to be involved in recovery after heat-stress. Phosphorylated on Ser-230 by CAMK2, in vitro. Cadmium also enhances phosphorylation at this site. Phosphorylation on Ser-303 is a prerequisite for HSF1 sumoylation. Phosphorylation on Ser-121 inhibits transactivation and promotes HSP90 binding. Phosphorylation on Thr-142 also mediates transcriptional activity induced by heat.
Sumoylated by SUMO1 and SUMO2 on heat-shock. Heat-inducible sumoylation occurs after 15 min of heat-shock, after which levels decrease and at 4 hours, levels return to control levels. Sumoylation has no effect on HSE binding nor on transcriptional activity. Phosphorylation on Ser-303 is a prerequisite for sumoylation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic during normal growth. On activation, translocates to nuclear stress granules. Colocalizes with SUMO1 in nuclear stress granules.
- Heat shock factor 1 antibodyHeat shock factor protein 1 antibodyHeat shock transcription factor 1 antibody
- HSF 1 antibodyhsf1 antibodyHSF1_HUMAN antibodyHSTF 1 antibodyHSTF1 antibody
References for Anti-HSF1 antibody [4B4] (ab44819)
ab44819 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.