Anti-HSF1 antibody [4B4] (ab44819)
- Product nameAnti-HSF1 antibody [4B4]See all HSF1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRat monoclonal [4B4] to HSF1
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, WB, IP more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Recombinant fragment, corresponding to amino acids 1-503 of Mouse HSF1
- EpitopeAmino acids 425-439 of mouse HSF1
- Positive control
- LS174T or MAD109 cells
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.01% PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number4B4
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab44819 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.|
|WB||WB: 1/200. Predicted molecular weight: 57 kDa.|
- FunctionDNA-binding protein that specifically binds heat shock promoter elements (HSE) and activates transcription. In higher eukaryotes, HSF is unable to bind to the HSE unless the cells are heat shocked.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the HSF family.
- Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsPhosphorylated on multiple serine residues, a subset of which are involved in stress-related regulation of transcription activation. Constitutive phosphorylation represses transcriptional activity at normal temperatures. Levels increase on specific residues heat-shock and enhance HSF1 transactivation activity. Phosphorylation on Ser-307 derepresses activation on heat-stress and in combination with Ser-303 phosphorylation appears to be involved in recovery after heat-stress. Phosphorylated on Ser-230 by CAMK2, in vitro. Cadmium also enhances phosphorylation at this site. Phosphorylation on Ser-303 is a prerequisite for HSF1 sumoylation. Phosphorylation on Ser-121 inhibits transactivation and promotes HSP90 binding. Phosphorylation on Thr-142 also mediates transcriptional activity induced by heat.
Sumoylated by SUMO1 and SUMO2 on heat-shock. Heat-inducible sumoylation occurs after 15 min of heat-shock, after which levels decrease and at 4 hours, levels return to control levels. Sumoylation has no effect on HSE binding nor on transcriptional activity. Phosphorylation on Ser-303 is a prerequisite for sumoylation.
- Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Cytoplasmic during normal growth. On activation, translocates to nuclear stress granules. Colocalizes with SUMO1 in nuclear stress granules.
- Heat shock factor 1 antibody
- Heat shock factor protein 1 antibody
- Heat shock transcription factor 1 antibody
- HSF 1 antibody
- hsf1 antibody
- HSF1_HUMAN antibody
- HSTF 1 antibody
- HSTF1 antibody
References for Anti-HSF1 antibody [4B4] (ab44819)
This product has been referenced in:
- Lecomte S et al. Unraveling complex interplay between heat shock factor 1 and 2 splicing isoforms. PLoS One 8:e56085 (2013). WB ; Mouse . Read more (PubMed: 23418516) »
- Jiang YQ et al. Increased heat shock transcription factor 1 in the cerebellum reverses the deficiency of Purkinje cells in Alzheimer's disease. Brain Res 1519:105-11 (2013). Read more (PubMed: 23665061) »