Anti-Haptoglobin antibody [26E11] (ab133764)
- Product nameAnti-Haptoglobin antibody [26E11]See all Haptoglobin primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [26E11] to Haptoglobin
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Haptoglobin purified from Human plasma.
- Positive control
- Human liver tissue
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.03% Sodium azide
Constituents: HEPES, 50% Glycerol, 0.88% Sodium chloride, 0.01% BSA
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityAmmonium Sulphate Precipitation
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number26E11
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133764 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: 1/200. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- FunctionAs a result of hemolysis, hemoglobin is found to accumulate in the kidney and is secreted in the urine. Haptoglobin captures, and combines with free plasma hemoglobin to allow hepatic recycling of heme iron and to prevent kidney damage. Haptoglobin also acts as an Antimicrobial; Antioxidant, has antibacterial activity and plays a role in modulating many aspects of the acute phase response. Hemoglobin/haptoglobin complexes are rapidely cleared by the macrophage CD163 scavenger receptor expressed on the surface of liver Kupfer cells through an endocytic lysosomal degradation pathway.
Uncleaved haptoglogin, also known as zonulin, plays a role in intestinal permeability, allowing intercellular tight junction disassembly, and controlling the equilibrium between tolerance and immunity to non-self antigens.
- Tissue specificityExpressed by the liver and secreted in plasma.
- Involvement in diseaseAnhaptoglobinemia
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Contains 2 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
- Cellular localizationSecreted.
- Binding peptide antibody
- BP antibody
- Haptoglobin alpha chain antibody
- Haptoglobin alpha(1S) beta antibody
- Haptoglobin alpha(2FS) beta antibody
- Haptoglobin beta chain antibody
- Haptoglobin, alpha polypeptide antibody
- Haptoglobin, beta polypeptide antibody
- HP antibody
- HP2 ALPHA2 antibody
- HP2ALPHA2 antibody
- HPA1S antibody
- HPT antibody
- HPT_HUMAN antibody
- MGC111141 antibody
- Zonulin antibody
Anti-Haptoglobin antibody [26E11] images
Immunohistochemical analysis of formalin-fixed, paraffin embedded Human liver tissue labelling Haptoglobin with ab133764 at a 1/200 dilution followed by biotinylated horse anti-mouse IgG secondary antibody, alkaline phosphatase-streptavidin and chromogen
References for Anti-Haptoglobin antibody [26E11] (ab133764)
ab133764 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.