Haptoglobulin Human ELISA Kit (ab108858)
- Product nameHaptoglobulin Human ELISA KitSee all Haptoglobin kits ...
- Detection methodColorimetric
- Tests1 x 96 well plate
- Sample typeCell culture supernatant, Saliva, Milk, Urine
- Assay typeSandwich
- Sensitivity= 1 ng/ml
- Range1.56 ng/ml - 400 ng/ml
- Assay time4h 00m
- Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- Product overview
Haptoglobulin (Hpt) is a plasma protein with hemoglobin-binding capacity, and plasma glycoproteins that form a stable complex with hemoglobin to aid the recycling of heme iron. It is a well-known marker of hemolysis. High Haptoglobulin level in plasma was associated with an increased cardiovascular risk in obese men, inflammation, atherosclerosis, and systemic sclerosis.
ab108858 Haptoglobulin Human ELISA (Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay) kit is designed for detection of Human Haptoglobulin in urine, saliva, milk and cell culture supernatants. This assay employs a quantitative sandwich enzyme immunoassay technique that measures Haptoglobulin in 4 hours. A polyclonal antibody specific for Haptoglobulin has been pre-coated onto a microplate. Haptoglobulin in standards and samples is sandwiched by the immobilized antibody and a biotinylated polyclonal antibody specific for Haptoglobulin, which is recognized by streptavidin-peroxidase conjugate. All unbound material is then washed away and a peroxidase enzyme substrate is added. The color development is stopped and the intensity of the color is measured.
- Tested applicationsSandwich ELISA more details
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests Biotinylated Haptoglobulin Antibody 1 x 80µl Chromogen Substrate 1 x 8ml Diluent Concentrate (10x) 1 x 30ml Human Haptoglobulin Microplate 1 unit Human Haptoglobulin Standard 1 unit Stop Solution 1 x 12ml Streptavidin-Peroxidase Conjugate (SP Conjugate) 1 x 80µl Wash Buffer Concentrate (20x) 1 x 30ml
- Research Areas
Uncleaved haptoglogin, also known as zonulin, plays a role in intestinal permeability, allowing intercellular tight junction disassembly, and controlling the equilibrium between tolerance and immunity to non-self antigens.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Contains 2 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
- binding peptideBPhaptoglobin alpha 1S beta
- haptoglobin alpha 2FS betahaptoglobin alpha polypeptideHaptoglobin beta chainhaptoglobin beta polypeptideHPHP2ALPHA2HPA1SHPT_HUMANZonulin
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab108858 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
References for Haptoglobulin Human ELISA Kit (ab108858)
ab108858 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.