HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7900)
- Product nameHepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell LysateSee all HepG2 lysates ...
- General notesCell line: HepG2 (Human hepatocellular carcinoma) Growth media: DMEM & 10% FBS (Fetal bovine serum)
- Tested applicationsWB more details
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 6.80
Constituent: 5% Beta mercaptoethanol
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityWhole Cell Lysate
- Lysate notes HepG2 cell lysate was prepared by homogenization in modified RIPA buffer (150 mM sodium chloride, 50 mM Tris-HCl, pH 7.4, 1 mM ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, 1 mM phenylmethylsulfonyl flouride, 1% Triton X-100, 1% sodium deoxycholic acid, 0.1% sodium dodecylsulfate, 5 µg/ml of aprotinin, 5 µg/ml of leupeptin). Cell debris was removed by centrifugation. Protein concentration was determined with Bio-Rad protein assay. The cell lysate was boiled for 5 min in 1 x SDS sample buffer (50 mM Tris-HCl pH 6.8, 12.5% glycerol, 1% sodium dodecylsulfate, 0.01% bromophenol blue) containing 5% b-mercaptoethanol.
- Research Areas
- BackgroundHepatitis B virus (HBV) is the major cause of acute and chronic hepatitis, leading to progressive development of necroinflammatory changes in the liver, which can result in cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. Although the development of an effective vaccine to prevent HBV infection has shown promising results and should lead to its eventual eradication, antiviral chemotherapy remains the only effective method to prevent the progression of the disease in chronic carriers. Therefore, the development of new antiretroviral agents active against HBV is needed. HepG2 cells have an epithelial morphology and are thought to be a very useful model to study HBV virus replication via transfection. Cells are also used for cancer and apoptosis studies (in particular signalling pathway studies).
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab7900 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use at an assay dependent concentration. HepG2 cell lysate is ready to load on SDS-PAGE for Western blotting, 20 µg per lane is recommended for mini gel.|
References for HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7900)
ab7900 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.