Anti-Hepatitis C Virus NS3 antibody [24-8 ] (ab18662)
- Product nameAnti-Hepatitis C Virus NS3 antibody [24-8 ]See all Hepatitis C Virus NS3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [24-8 ] to Hepatitis C Virus NS3
- SpecificityNo cross reaction with HCV capsid region and other non-structural regions can be seen.
- Tested applicationsWB, ELISA more details
A highly antigenic polypeptide consisting of essential sequences of at least 60 residues in length, which were selected from genes encoding the NS-3 region of Chinese HCV strains.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 0.01M PBS, pH 7.2
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein G purified
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone number24-8
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18662 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: Use at a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa. Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab18662 will allow visualization of 200 ng/lane synthetic NS-3 protein.
- RelevanceHCV is a positive, single-stranded RNA virus in the Flaviviridae family. The genome is approximately 10,000 nucleotides and encodes a single polyprotein of about 3,000 amino acids. The polyprotein is processed by host cell and viral proteases into three major structural proteins including NS3, and several non-structural proteins necessary for viral replication. The NS3 part of the polyprotein displays three enzymatic activities: serine protease, NTPase and RNA helicase. The NS3 serine proteinase (NS3P) is a non-structural hepatitis C protein responsible for proteolytic processing of other non-structural proteins; because of this, it is also the most extensively studied protein of the Hepatitis C genome. It is responsible for proteolytic processing of the entire downstream region of the HC polyprotein, catalyzing cleavage at the NS3/NS4a, NS4a/NS4b, NS4b/NS5a, and NS5a/NS5b sites to release the mature NS3, NS4a, NS4b, NS5a, and NS5b proteins.For proper function, NS3 requires NS4a as a cofactor, but, interestingly enough, NS3 also cleaves the NS4a protein. The molecular weight of the monomer NS3P is 70 kDa.
- Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane
- HCV NS3 transactivated protein antibodyHepatitis C Virus NS3 antibodyNS 3 antibody
- NS3 antibodyNS3P antibodyp70 antibodySerine protease/NTPase/helicase antibody
References for Anti-Hepatitis C Virus NS3 antibody [24-8 ] (ab18662)
ab18662 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.