Anti-Hes1 antibody (ab49170)
- Product nameAnti-Hes1 antibodySee all Hes1 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Hes1
- Tested applicationsWB, IHC-P, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Cow, Pig, Zebrafish
A region within synthetic peptide: MPADIMEKNS SSPVAATPAS VNTTPDKPKT ASEHRKSSKP IMEKRRRARI, corresponding to internal sequence amino acids 1-50 of Human Hes1
- Positive control
- Raji cell lysate
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: None
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityProtein A purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab49170 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1.25 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
|IHC-P||IHC-P: Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionTranscriptional repressor of genes that require a bHLH protein for their transcription. May act as a negative regulator of myogenesis by inhibiting the functions of MYOD1 and ASH1. Binds DNA on N-box motifs: 5'-CACNAG-3' with high affinity and on E-box motifs: 5'-CANNTG-3' with low affinity.
- Sequence similaritiesContains 1 basic helix-loop-helix (bHLH) domain.
Contains 1 Orange domain.
- DomainHas a particular type of basic domain (presence of a helix-interrupting proline) that binds to the N-box (CACNAG), rather than the canonical E-box (CANNTG).
The C-terminal WRPW motif is a transcriptional repression domain necessary for the interaction with Groucho/TLE family members, transcriptional corepressors recruited to specific target DNA by Hairy-related proteins.
The bHLH, as well as cooperation between the central Orange domain and the C-terminal WRPW motif, is required for transcriptional repressor activity.
- Cellular localizationNucleus.
- Entrez Gene: 395128 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 539547 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 3280 Human
- Entrez Gene: 15205 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100499567 Pig
- Entrez Gene: 29577 Rat
- Omim: 139605 Human
- SwissProt: O57337 Chicken
- SwissProt: Q3ZBG4 Cow
- SwissProt: Q14469 Human
- SwissProt: P35428 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q04666 Rat
- Unigene: 250666 Human
- Unigene: 390859 Mouse
- Unigene: 19727 Rat
- bHLHb39 antibody
- C-HAIRY1 antibody
- c-hairy1A antibody
- Class B basic helix-loop-helix protein 39 antibody
- FLJ20408 antibody
- Hairy and enhancer of split 1 (Drosophila) antibody
- Hairy and enhancer of split 1 antibody
- Hairy Enhancer of Split 1 antibody
- Hairy homolog (Drosophila) antibody
- Hairy Homolog antibody
- Hairy like antibody
- Hairy, Drosophila, homolog of antibody
- Hairy-like protein antibody
- Hairy/enhancer of split, Drosophila, homolog of, 1 antibody
- HAIRY1 antibody
- HES-1 antibody
- hes1 antibody
- Hes1 hairy and enhancer of split 1 (Drosophila) antibody
- HES1_HUMAN antibody
- HHL antibody
- HL antibody
- HRY antibody
- MGC129109 antibody
- OTTHUMP00000209031 antibody
- RHL antibody
- Transcription factor HES 1 antibody
- Transcription factor HES-1 antibody
Anti-Hes1 antibody images
K562 cell line
ab49170 (4µg/ml) staining Hes1 in human liver using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus). Using this protocol there is weak cytoplasmic staining in plates of hepatic cells. However there is stronger nuclear staining in the plates of hepatic cells and hepatic arteries.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that, for manual staining, optimization of primary antibody concentration and incubation time is recommended. Signal amplification may be required.
ICC/IF image of ab49170 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab49170, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Anti-Hes1 antibody (ab49170) at 1 µg/ml + HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 30 kDa
Observed band size : 30 kDa
Additional bands at : 17 kDa,70 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 30 seconds
Predicted band size : 30 kDa
Western Blot using lysate prepared from Hes1 transfected Ls174 cells. ab49170 used at a 1µg/ml.
Predicted band size : 30 kDa
Western blot using lysate prepared from murine embryonic cells.
ab49170 used at a 1/800 dilution and the secondary was used at a 1/5000 dilution.
ab49170 at 50µg/ml staining Hes1 in Ls174T cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence.