Histone Acetyltransferase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65352)
- Product nameHistone Acetyltransferase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)See all Histone acetyltransferase kits ...
- Tests100 x 1 assay
- Sample typeTissue Extracts, Cell Lysate
- Assay typeEnzyme activity
- Species reactivityReacts with: all Mammals
- Product overview
Abcam's Histone Acetyltransferase Activity Assay Kit offers a convenient, nonradioactive system for a rapid and sensitive detection of HAT activity in mammalian samples. The kit utilizes active Nuclear Extract (NE) as a positive control and acetyl-CoA as a cofactor. Acetylation of peptide substrate by active HAT releases the free form of CoA which then serves as an essential coenzyme for producing NADH. NADH can easily be detected spectrophotometrically upon reacting with a soluble tetrazolium dye. The detection can be continuous and suitable for kinetic studies. The kit provides a simple, straightforward protocol for a complete assay.
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Histone acetyltransferases (HATs) have been implicated to play a crucial role in various cellular functions, such as gene transcription, differentiation, and proliferation.
- Tested applicationsFunctional Studies more details
- Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 100 tests 2X HAT Assay Buffer Amber 1 x 7.5ml HAT Reconstitution Buffer Clear 1 x 1.8ml HAT Substrate I Blue 1 vial HAT Substrate II Purple 1 vial NADH Generating Enzyme Green 1 x 800µl Nuclear Extract (4 mg/ml ) Red 1 x 50µl
- HATHAT1Histone acetyltransferase 1
- Histone acetyltransferase type B catalytic subunitKAT1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab65352 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Histone Acetyltransferase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) images
Analysis of Histone Acetyltransferase Activity in HeLa Nuclear Extract using ab65352. HeLa nuclear extract in various amounts was incubated with HAT substrate. Activity was analyzed in a micro plate reader at 440 nm according to the kit instructions.
References for Histone Acetyltransferase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab65352)
This product has been referenced in:
- Penicud K & Behrens A DMAP1 is an essential regulator of ATM activity and function. Oncogene N/A:N/A (2013). Functional Studies . Read more (PubMed: 23318425) »
- Masola V et al. Heparanase and Syndecan-1 Interplay Orchestrates Fibroblast Growth Factor-2-induced Epithelial-Mesenchymal Transition in Renal Tubular Cells. J Biol Chem 287:1478-88 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22102278) »