Anti-Histone H2A (mono methyl K127) antibody (ab12950)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H2A (mono methyl K127) antibodySee all Histone H2A primary antibodies ...
- SpecificityELISA data demonstrates that ab12950 specifically recognizes mono-methyl Histone H2A K127. However, mono-methyl histone H2A K127 is a putative modification and is not detectable in HeLa, HeLa nuclear or calf thymus histone extracts using WB analysis. This may be due to low levels of this modification in these cell lines. ab12950 weakly recognizes acetyl histone H2A K127 in HeLa extracts in WB and recognizes recombinant histone H3 at high concentration levels in WB.
- Species reactivity
Predicted to work with: Human
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 100 to the C-terminus of Human Histone H2A.
(Peptide available as ab12952.)
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
See figure below.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H2A family.
modificationsThe chromatin-associated form is phosphorylated on Thr-121 during mitosis.
Deiminated on Arg-4 in granulocytes upon calcium entry.
Monoubiquitination of Lys-120 by RING1 and RNF2/RING2 complex gives a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression and participates in X chromosome inactivation of female mammals. It is involved in the initiation of both imprinted and random X inactivation. Ubiquitinated H2A is enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin. Ubiquitination of H2A functions downstream of methylation of 'Lys-27' of histone H3. Monoubiquitination of Lys-120 by RNF2/RING2 can also be induced by ultraviolet and may be involved in DNA repair. Following DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs), it is ubiquitinated through 'Lys-63' linkage of ubiquitin moieties by the E2 ligase UBE2N and the E3 ligases RNF8 and RNF168, leading to the recruitment of repair proteins to sites of DNA damage. Monoubiquitination and ionizing radiation-induced 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitination are distinct events.
Phosphorylation on Ser-2 is enhanced during mitosis. Phosphorylation on Ser-2 by RPS6KA5/MSK1 directly represses transcription. Acetylation of H3 inhibits Ser-2 phosphorylation by RPS6KA5/MSK1.
Symmetric dimethylation on Arg-4 by the PRDM1/PRMT5 complex may play a crucial role in the germ-cell lineage.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 8337 Human
- Entrez Gene: 317772 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8338 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8370 Human
- Entrez Gene: 3012 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8335 Human
- Omim: 602786 Human
- Omim: 142720 Human
- Omim: 602797 Human
- SwissProt: P35065 Human
- SwissProt: P28001 Human
- SwissProt: Q99878 Human
- SwissProt: Q93077 Human
- SwissProt: P62805 Human
- SwissProt: Q6DRA9 Human
- SwissProt: P04908 Human
- Unigene: 417332 Human
- Unigene: 434195 Human
- Unigene: 408067 Human
- Unigene: 121017 Human
- Unigene: 248174 Human
- FO108 antibodyH2A antibodyH2A1B_HUMAN antibody
- H4 histone family 2 antibodyH4 histone family member N antibodyH4F2 antibodyH4FN antibodyHIST1H2AE antibodyHistH2A antibodyHistone H2A type 1-B/E antibodyHistone H2A.2 antibodyHistone H2A/a antibodyHistone H2A/m antibodyNovel histone antibody
Anti-Histone H2A (mono methyl K127) antibody images
References for Anti-Histone H2A (mono methyl K127) antibody (ab12950)
ab12950 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.