Anti-Histone H2A (tri methyl K125) antibody (ab23958)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H2A (tri methyl K125) antibodySee all Histone H2A primary antibodies ...
- Species reactivityNot yet tested in other species. Predicted to react with a wide range of species due to sequence homology.
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 100 to the C-terminus of Human Histone H2A, tri methylated at K125.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium Azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS, pH 7.4
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Not yet tested in other applications.
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H2A family.
modificationsThe chromatin-associated form is phosphorylated on Thr-121 during mitosis.
Deiminated on Arg-4 in granulocytes upon calcium entry.
Monoubiquitination of Lys-120 by RING1 and RNF2/RING2 complex gives a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional repression and participates in X chromosome inactivation of female mammals. It is involved in the initiation of both imprinted and random X inactivation. Ubiquitinated H2A is enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin. Ubiquitination of H2A functions downstream of methylation of 'Lys-27' of histone H3. Monoubiquitination of Lys-120 by RNF2/RING2 can also be induced by ultraviolet and may be involved in DNA repair. Following DNA double-strand breaks (DSBs), it is ubiquitinated through 'Lys-63' linkage of ubiquitin moieties by the E2 ligase UBE2N and the E3 ligases RNF8 and RNF168, leading to the recruitment of repair proteins to sites of DNA damage. Monoubiquitination and ionizing radiation-induced 'Lys-63'-linked ubiquitination are distinct events.
Phosphorylation on Ser-2 is enhanced during mitosis. Phosphorylation on Ser-2 by RPS6KA5/MSK1 directly represses transcription. Acetylation of H3 inhibits Ser-2 phosphorylation by RPS6KA5/MSK1.
Symmetric dimethylation on Arg-4 by the PRDM1/PRMT5 complex may play a crucial role in the germ-cell lineage.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- FO108 antibodyH2A antibodyH2A1B_HUMAN antibody
- H4 histone family 2 antibodyH4 histone family member N antibodyH4F2 antibodyH4FN antibodyHIST1H2AE antibodyHistH2A antibodyHistone H2A type 1-B/E antibodyHistone H2A.2 antibodyHistone H2A/a antibodyHistone H2A/m antibodyNovel histone antibody
Anti-Histone H2A (tri methyl K125) antibody images
This antibody gave a positive result in ELISA against the immunizing peptide ab24660 (red line). It gave a negative result in ELISA against the non-modified equivalent peptide ab19751 (green line). This indicates that it is specific for the modified peptide.
References for Anti-Histone H2A (tri methyl K125) antibody (ab23958)
ab23958 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.