Anti-Histone H3 (acetyl K14) antibody (ab82501)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H3 (acetyl K14) antibodySee all Histone H3 primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Histone H3 (acetyl K14)
- Tested applicationsWB, ICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Pig
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human Histone H3, acetylated at K14.
(Peptide available as ab112547.)
- Positive controlThis antibody gave a positive signal in Jurkat Whole Cell Lysate. This antibody gave a positive result when used in the following methanol fixed cell lines: HepG2.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1% BSA, PBS
Note: Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Clonality Polyclonal
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82501 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: Use a concentration of 1 mg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).Can be blocked with Histone H3 peptide - acetyl K14 (ab112547).|
|ICC/IF||ICC/IF: Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
- Developmental stageExpressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 8350 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8351 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8352 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8353 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8354 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8355 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8356 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8357 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8358 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8968 Human
- Entrez Gene: 319152 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319153 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 360198 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 97908 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100364501 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 100365669 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 291159 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 679994 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 680511 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 682330 Rat
- Omim: 601128 Human
- Omim: 142780 Human
- Omim: 601058 Human
- SwissProt: P84229 Chicken
- SwissProt: P84243 Human
- SwissProt: Q71DI3 Human
- SwissProt: P68431 Human
- SwissProt: P68433 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q6LED0 Rat
- Unigene: 132854 Human
- Unigene: 247813 Human
- Unigene: 247814 Human
- Unigene: 248176 Human
- Unigene: 443021 Human
- Unigene: 484990 Human
- Unigene: 532144 Human
- Unigene: 533292 Human
- Unigene: 546315 Human
- Unigene: 586261 Human
- Unigene: 591778 Human
- Unigene: 221301 Mouse
- Unigene: 261657 Mouse
- Unigene: 377874 Mouse
- Unigene: 390558 Mouse
- Unigene: 397328 Mouse
- Unigene: 138090 Rat
- H 3 antibodyH3 antibodyH3/A antibody
- H31_HUMAN antibodyH3FA antibodyHIST1H3J antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3a antibodyHistone H3.1 antibodyHistone H3.3 antibodyHistone H3/a antibodyHistone H3/b antibodyHistone H3/c antibodyHistone H3/d antibodyHistone H3/f antibodyHistone H3/h antibodyHistone H3/i antibodyHistone H3/j antibodyHistone H3/k antibodyHistone H3/l antibody
Anti-Histone H3 (acetyl K14) antibody images
ab82501 stained HepG2 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab82501 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM. This antibody also gave a positive result in methanol fixed (100%, 5min) HeLa, and Hek293 cells at 5ug/ml.
All lanes : Anti-Histone H3 (acetyl K14) antibody (ab82501) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate with
Histone H3 peptide (ab116617) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate with
Histone H3 peptide - acetyl K14 (ab112547) at 1 µg/ml
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Rabbit IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed at 1/5000 dilution
developed using the ECL technique
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size : 15 kDa
Observed band size : 17 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
Additional bands at : 37 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time : 16 minutes
References for Anti-Histone H3 (acetyl K14) antibody (ab82501)
ab82501 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.