Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody [Y49] (ab32521)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody [Y49]See all Histone H3 (methylated) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y49] to Histone H3 (methylated)
- SpecificityThe antibody only detects Histone H3 dimethylated on Lysine 9.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF, ICC, WB more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic (Dimethyl-K)-peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Lys9 of Histone H3
- Positive controlHeLa cell lysate
- General notesProduced under U.S. Patent No. 5,675,063.
- Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
- Storage bufferPBS 49%,Sodium azide 0.01%,Glycerol 50%,BSA 0.05%
- PurityTissue culture supernatant
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numberY49
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32521 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||WB: 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 17 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 15 kDa).|
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
- Developmental stageExpressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 8350 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8351 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8352 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8353 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8354 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8355 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8356 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8357 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8358 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8968 Human
- Entrez Gene: 319152 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319153 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 360198 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 97908 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100364501 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 100365669 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 291159 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 679994 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 680511 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 682330 Rat
- Omim: 601128 Human
- SwissProt: Q93081 Human
- SwissProt: Q16695 Human
- SwissProt: P68431 Human
- SwissProt: P68433 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q6LED0 Rat
- Unigene: 132854 Human
- Unigene: 247813 Human
- Unigene: 247814 Human
- Unigene: 248176 Human
- Unigene: 443021 Human
- Unigene: 484990 Human
- Unigene: 532144 Human
- Unigene: 533292 Human
- Unigene: 546315 Human
- Unigene: 586261 Human
- Unigene: 591778 Human
- Unigene: 221301 Mouse
- Unigene: 261657 Mouse
- Unigene: 377874 Mouse
- Unigene: 390558 Mouse
- Unigene: 397328 Mouse
- Unigene: 138090 Rat
- FLJ92264 antibodyH3 histone antibodyH3 histone antibody
- H3 histone family, member A antibodyH3/a antibodyH3/b antibodyH3/c antibodyH3/d antibodyh3/f antibodyH3/h antibodyH3/i antibodyH3/j antibodyH3/k antibodyH3/l antibodyH31_HUMAN antibodyH3F1K antibodyH3F3 antibodyH3F3 antibodyH3FA antibodyH3FB antibodyH3FC antibodyH3FD antibodyH3FF antibodyH3FH antibodyH3FI antibodyH3FJ antibodyH3FK antibodyH3FL antibodyHIST1H3A antibodyHIST1H3B antibodyHIST1H3C antibodyHIST1H3D antibodyHIST1H3E antibodyHIST1H3F antibodyHIST1H3G antibodyHIST1H3H antibodyHIST1H3I antibodyHIST1H3J antibodyHIST3H3 antibodyHIST3H3 antibodyHistone 1, H3a antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3a antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3b antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3c antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3d antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3e antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3f antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3g antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3i antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3j antibodyHistone H 3 antibodyHistone H3.1 antibodyHistone H3.1 antibodyHistone H3/a antibodyHistone H3/b antibodyHistone H3/c antibodyHistone H3/d antibodyHistone H3/f antibodyHistone H3/h antibodyHistone H3/i antibodyHistone H3/j antibodyHistone H3/k antibodyHistone H3/l antibody
Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody [Y49] images
All lanes : Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody [Y49] (ab32521) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate
Lane 2 : recombinant Histone H3
Predicted band size : 15 kDa
Observed band size : 17 kDa (why is the actual band size different from the predicted?)
ab32521 (1/500) staining Histone H3 di-methyl K9 in Hela cells (green). Cells were fixed in paraformaldehyde, permeabilised with 0.5% Triton X100 and counterstained with DAPI in order to highlight the nucleus (red). For further experimental details, please refer to Abreview.
References for Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody [Y49] (ab32521)
This product has been referenced in:
- Dalvoy Vasudevarao M et al. Inhibition of acetyltransferase alters different histone modifications: probed by small molecule inhibitor plumbagin. J Biochem 152:453-62 (2012). Read more (PubMed: 22923743) »