Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody [mAbcam 1220] (FITC) (ab64491)
- Product nameAnti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody [mAbcam 1220] (FITC)See all Histone H3 (methylated) primary antibodies ...
- DescriptionMouse monoclonal [mAbcam 1220] to Histone H3 (methylated) (FITC)
- SpecificityBy peptide ELISA ab64491 recognises di methyl K9, but not unmodified K9, mono methyl K9, tri methyl K9, di methyl K27, tri methyl K27, mono methyl K4, di methyl K4 or tri methyl K4. By Western blot ab64491 is blocked by di methyl K9, but not by unmodified K9, mono methyl K9, tri methyl K9, di methyl K27, tri methyl K27, mono methyl K4, di methyl K4 or tri methyl K4. This indicates the specificity of ab64491 for di methyl K9 of Histone H3.
- Tested applicationsICC/IF more details
- Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Chicken, Cow, Human, Xenopus laevis, Arabidopsis thaliana, Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster), Schizosaccharomyces pombe, Rice
Predicted to work with: Rat, Sheep, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Caenorhabditis elegans, all Mammals
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH derived from within residues 1 - 100 of Human Histone H3, di methylated at K9.
- Storage instructionsStore at +4°C in the dark. Do not freeze.
- Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium Azide
- Concentration information loading...
- PurityIgG fraction
- Clonality Monoclonal
- Clone numbermAbcam 1220
- Light chain typekappa
- Research Areas
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64491 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
- FunctionCore component of nucleosome. Nucleosomes wrap and compact DNA into chromatin, limiting DNA accessibility to the cellular machineries which require DNA as a template. Histones thereby play a central role in transcription regulation, DNA repair, DNA replication and chromosomal stability. DNA accessibility is regulated via a complex set of post-translational modifications of histones, also called histone code, and nucleosome remodeling.
- Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the histone H3 family.
- Developmental stageExpressed during S phase, then expression strongly decreases as cell division slows down during the process of differentiation.
modificationsAcetylation is generally linked to gene activation. Acetylation on Lys-10 (H3K9ac) impairs methylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s). Acetylation on Lys-19 (H3K18ac) and Lys-24 (H3K24ac) favors methylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me).
Citrullination at Arg-9 (H3R8ci) and/or Arg-18 (H3R17ci) by PADI4 impairs methylation and represses transcription.
Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-18 (H3R17me2a) by CARM1 is linked to gene activation. Symmetric dimethylation at Arg-9 (H3R8me2s) by PRMT5 is linked to gene repression. Asymmetric dimethylation at Arg-3 (H3R2me2a) by PRMT6 is linked to gene repression and is mutually exclusive with H3 Lys-5 methylation (H3K4me2 and H3K4me3). H3R2me2a is present at the 3' of genes regardless of their transcription state and is enriched on inactive promoters, while it is absent on active promoters.
Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me), Lys-37 (H3K36me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) are linked to gene activation. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) facilitates subsequent acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-80 (H3K79me) is associated with DNA double-strand break (DSB) responses and is a specific target for TP53BP1. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are linked to gene repression. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) is a specific target for HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) and prevents subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) and acetylation of H3 and H4. Methylation at Lys-5 (H3K4me) and Lys-80 (H3K79me) require preliminary monoubiquitination of H2B at 'Lys-120'. Methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) and Lys-28 (H3K27me) are enriched in inactive X chromosome chromatin.
Phosphorylated at Thr-4 (H3T3ph) by GSG2/haspin during prophase and dephosphorylated during anaphase. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB is crucial for chromosome condensation and cell-cycle progression during mitosis and meiosis. In addition phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by RPS6KA4 and RPS6KA5 is important during interphase because it enables the transcription of genes following external stimulation, like mitogens, stress, growth factors or UV irradiation and result in the activation of genes, such as c-fos and c-jun. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph), which is linked to gene activation, prevents methylation at Lys-10 (H3K9me) but facilitates acetylation of H3 and H4. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) by AURKB mediates the dissociation of HP1 proteins (CBX1, CBX3 and CBX5) from heterochromatin. Phosphorylation at Ser-11 (H3S10ph) is also an essential regulatory mechanism for neoplastic cell transformation. Phosphorylated at Ser-29 (H3S28ph) by MLTK isoform 1, RPS6KA5 or AURKB during mitosis or upon ultraviolet B irradiation. Phosphorylation at Thr-7 (H3T6ph) by PRKCBB is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that prevents demethylation of Lys-5 (H3K4me) by LSD1/KDM1A. At centromeres, specifically phosphorylated at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) from prophase to early anaphase, by DAPK3 and PKN1. Phosphorylation at Thr-12 (H3T11ph) by PKN1 is a specific tag for epigenetic transcriptional activation that promotes demethylation of Lys-10 (H3K9me) by KDM4C/JMJD2C. Phosphorylation at Tyr-42 (H3Y41ph) by JAK2 promotes exclusion of CBX5 (HP1 alpha) from chromatin.
Monoubiquitinated by RAG1 in lymphoid cells, monoubiquitination is required for V(D)J recombination (By similarity). Ubiquitinated by the CUL4-DDB-RBX1 complex in response to ultraviolet irradiation. This may weaken the interaction between histones and DNA and facilitate DNA accessibility to repair proteins.
- Cellular localizationNucleus. Chromosome.
- Entrez Gene: 176359 Caenorhabditis elegans
- Entrez Gene: 427887 Chicken
- Entrez Gene: 326601 Cow
- Entrez Gene: 8350 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8351 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8352 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8353 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8354 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8355 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8356 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8357 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8358 Human
- Entrez Gene: 8968 Human
- Entrez Gene: 319152 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 319153 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 360198 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 97908 Mouse
- Entrez Gene: 100364501 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 100365669 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 291159 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 679994 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 680511 Rat
- Entrez Gene: 682330 Rat
- Omim: 601128 Human
- SwissProt: P59226 Arabidopsis thaliana
- SwissProt: Q10453 Caenorhabditis elegans
- SwissProt: P08898 Caenorhabditis elegans
- SwissProt: P84229 Chicken
- SwissProt: P68432 Cow
- SwissProt: P02299 Fruit fly (Drosophila melanogaster)
- SwissProt: Q93081 Human
- SwissProt: Q16695 Human
- SwissProt: P68431 Human
- SwissProt: P68433 Mouse
- SwissProt: Q6LED0 Rat
- Unigene: 132854 Human
- Unigene: 247813 Human
- Unigene: 247814 Human
- Unigene: 248176 Human
- Unigene: 443021 Human
- Unigene: 484990 Human
- Unigene: 532144 Human
- Unigene: 533292 Human
- Unigene: 546315 Human
- Unigene: 586261 Human
- Unigene: 591778 Human
- Unigene: 221301 Mouse
- Unigene: 261657 Mouse
- Unigene: 377874 Mouse
- Unigene: 390558 Mouse
- Unigene: 397328 Mouse
- Unigene: 138090 Rat
- FLJ92264 antibodyH3 histone antibodyH3 histone family, member A antibody
- H3/a antibodyH3/b antibodyH3/c antibodyH3/d antibodyh3/f antibodyH3/h antibodyH3/i antibodyH3/j antibodyH3/k antibodyH3/l antibodyH31_HUMAN antibodyH3F1K antibodyH3F3 antibodyH3FA antibodyH3FB antibodyH3FC antibodyH3FD antibodyH3FF antibodyH3FH antibodyH3FI antibodyH3FJ antibodyH3FK antibodyH3FL antibodyHIST1H3A antibodyHIST1H3B antibodyHIST1H3C antibodyHIST1H3D antibodyHIST1H3E antibodyHIST1H3F antibodyHIST1H3G antibodyHIST1H3H antibodyHIST1H3I antibodyHIST1H3J antibodyHIST3H3 antibodyHistone 1, H3a antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3a antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3b antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3c antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3d antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3e antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3f antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3g antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3i antibodyHistone cluster 1, H3j antibodyHistone H 3 antibodyHistone H3.1 antibodyHistone H3.1 antibodyHistone H3/a antibodyHistone H3/b antibodyHistone H3/c antibodyHistone H3/d antibodyHistone H3/f antibodyHistone H3/h antibodyHistone H3/i antibodyHistone H3/j antibodyHistone H3/k antibodyHistone H3/l antibody
Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody [mAbcam 1220] (FITC) images
ICC/IF image of ab64491 stained human HeLa cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in 0.1% PBS-Tween (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab64491, 1µg/ml, FITC conjugated (green)) for 1h at room temperature. 1% BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to block non-specific protein-protein interactions. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
References for Anti-Histone H3 (methylated) antibody [mAbcam 1220] (FITC) (ab64491)
ab64491 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.